Manual Reach Truck Spotter With 7" Hd Monitor

A dedicated 'some bloke' truck spotter with a choice of 35mm for mainly rabbit - or 50mm C mount lenses for mainly fox.

50mm lens supplied by default if buyer does not specify. A 5" HD monitor can also be specified.

These have a very robust saddle clamp for a compact (single cell) 25mm/1" tubed illuminator, not supplied: Spotters don't need as much IR as add-on rigs, and most NV users will have a small one tucked away somewhere. All you will need to use is a T38 - or even a humble 501b if it has the new 'AS LED in it.

On%20Roof_zpso8swpuhe.jpg

DSCF4831_zpspdkf1nmw.jpg

DSCF4827_zpshnzsoz6t.jpg

With rain shelter fitted... because adjustable lenses are not waterproof:

DSCF4930_zpsilxkahbi.jpg

The T38 illuminator is not supplied.

7%20inch_zpsstpyu2a5.jpg

How to use them:

Some of its performance:

What you get in the box:

An E700 camera - modified with the neck milled back to suit C mount lenses with a three pin cable and plug soldered to the original cable, pre-fitted into the main spotter body. You may wish to invert the camera/spotter so the lid is not sealed - user can seal it with thick grease or sealant.

A 50mm F1.4 C mount lens will be supplied by default as best option for mixed fox and rabbit spotting. For rabbit range only spotting a 35mm lens or 25mm lens for wider FOV's can be specified with the order.

Four M4x40 cap head screws to secure the torch clamp in counter bored holes: You need to source a 1" or 25mm torch tubed illuminator.

A 7" HD LCD monitor with modified cable and plug - to be placed somewhere below the window line to avoid being seen from outside the truck - Blutack can be used if needed.

2 self adhesive cable tidies so you can leave the cabling in place and just unplug the main body to stash out of sight under the seat - remember it doesn't need to be taken indoors to be charged etc. I prefer to feed the cables out of sight behind the dashboard.

A 12volt car accessory plug with soldered cabling and connectors to power both the monitor and the camera.

2 1 metre extension cables to allow a myriad of monitor fitting locations.

A A heavy duty suction mount assembly with a modified stainless steel ball end stud and nut to bolt to the spotter body. You will need an 11mm or 7/16" spanner - or pliers if you are not so equipped.

A rain shelter and fixing bolt.

Price with 7" HD monitor is £220

Price with 5" HD monitor is £200

+ £10 RMSD to UK addresses, or collect.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John, I replied to your post and PM on the NVF - assuming you are the same John Harris? The post over there was in regard to one with a 5" Monitor though.

It would be best to limit the private messages and on forum posts in regard to it to only one of the forums so I don't get mixed up lol.

Here or there is up to you mate. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Posted PMSD today, expect before 1PM tomorrow - thanks Rich. :thumbs:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Harris: I PM'd you 12th Nov on the NVF but you have not picked up the message nor made any follow up on either forum - please let me know if you have been waiting for the end of month payday.

The machinist that made those bodies for me is very unreliable - so there may not be any more after the remaining five are gone. I'll post this on the NV forum too because I don't know which - if any you are likely to visit in the next few days.

I'd appreciate a yes or no if you would be so kind. ;)

• 5 months later...

A huge thanks to Dave for all the patient PM'ing over spec. I think I'll be very happy ordering a 50mm with the NF bracket and extra cabling matched up to the 7" screen as discussed.

PayPal order to follow.

Will post some pics once installed.

Cheers Dave :)

A huge thanks to Dave for all the patient PM'ing over spec. I think I'll be very happy ordering a 50mm with the NF bracket and extra cabling matched up to the 7" screen as discussed.

PayPal order to follow.

Will post some pics once installed.

Cheers Dave :)

Thank you Andrew, I thought I had two left but that is the last one now apart from my own which I won't be parting with. :thumbs:

Just a quick update to say I've tried out my new toy for the last two evenings and its a very impressive piece of kit. My original plan was to mount it on the Lightforce T Bar and I will probably end up doing that in some format or another but obviously (and perhaps contrary to some wishful thinking on my part) the camera isn't up to being permanently attached to the roof as it would be a waste to trash it with dust, rain and branches. I then thought about some kind of cover like a tougher version of a tennis racket cover but this wouldn't be ideal for travelling down the motorway etc.

I can end up lamping my way home from my pheasant pens 7 nights a week in the summer so it would be handy to have it quickly accessible so I may look at one of the lightforce metal bar things that suction on to the roof (I annoyingly sold one of these a few years ago!!).

I've used it so far with my NM800 and its easily good enough to spot eyeshine at 500y and rabbits or hares at 300 when they're not looking but with the NF + IR filter its another level of awesomeness!!

My dream would be to have the NF Lamp and Camera wiring all in one waterproof plug and some kind of QR bolt to attach the camera body and lamp to the T-Bar handle. Then this would be untouchable at any price!!

Seriously Dave, I'm surprised none of the major manufacturers have jumped on this and made you a rich man- as it is it is excellent. In a robust T-Bar format with an IR filtered lamp- it would become as ubiquitous as Lightforce lamps were by themselves!

What a lovely piece of feedback - thank you so much Andrew. :good:

I agree it's not suited as a permanent fitting - and would likely get thieved if it were lol.

It was always intended to be something you fit when needed and don't need to charge up: Thus it can be left out of sight under the seat in your truck till you wish to spit on the rubber suction base and fit it to a smooth reachable surface. I prefer the top of the windscreen myself - but keep meaning to fit shorter wiper blades so I can use it in light rain if I wish: The blade currently touches it without causing any issues though. I bury the extension cables behind the dashboard to keep them out the way and just plug in either end when I use it.

It hasn't proved popular enough to consider making another batch, I assume the suction mount idea makes it sound a bit too mickey mouse for most people - and if I supplied it with the appalling pivot ball studs the mounts are supplied with I would agree - in fact I would not have made it available at all. The smooth stainless sttel ball studs I had made transformed the pan and tilt capability.

As it happens I wanted one for myself so got 20 made as a bit of a cross finger gamble to see if they would sell. Every person who has given me an opinion has praised it but truth be known it's taken almost a year to sell 19 of them at a small profit now the whole batch has been cleared. I cant justify re-investing in them at the prices I had to keep low in order get any sales so you have had the very last one available. I hope those who have them continue to find them useful. B)

Yes, I've been using it on the windscreen with the suction mount and it is perfectly usable as is but I know how good it will be on a T handle :D

. My lamp man couldn't believe it as he never gets to see anything when I shoot with my NV usually lol

I've been thinking it through and have ordered a £7 CB ariel gutter mount. Then my friend is going to make a bracket to mount another (Deben) T handle and lamp to. I'll run the camera wiring and a cigarette lighter end up to the top of the door pillar by the sun visor and in theory, all I'll have to do is hook the gutter mount on, put the two plugs in and away I go! If the ariel mount isn't strong enough, I'll just use a roof bar.

It's going to take a few weeks to save up and piece together but will let you know how it goes.

Once it's set up- I may be able to get you another 20 orders :D

36bec78e37f95b20fae8bdb75ffa9b71_zpsfhgk