Yes mate, 200kg plus the clips from a sumo stance. Dropped the intensity over the past month to give my nervous system a break and upped the volume, starting to combine some heavy days back in to hopefully get my 5 plate dead some time around the new year.

I'm only 5'9" so have a bit of an advantage but I'm not a heavily built fella at all (obviously), just 'athletic' and generally posterior chain dominant which helps.

It just highlights how impressive it is for a long lever type to make a big deadlift, especially when the stats for the other lifts show reasonable balance in strength.

A 200 kg deadlift at 5' 9" and 160 lb is a lift to be proud of.

A 200 kg deadlift at 6' 3" and 160 lb is a truly impressive feat of joint and tendon strength !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Genuine post here, Dog fox you look in good shape there mate, now the lads who had the best strength to fitness type balance I have ever seen were all wiry fuckers, strong as an Ox but lean and hard a

After a fairly thought provoking couple of years ive finally got my head around a couple of quotes on the subject.   " what we,ve always wanted we dont always get.....but also what we,ve always want

f**k THAT.

Posted Images

What's your guys thoughts about weightlifting and boxing training, haven't boxed for quite a bit now and I'm kind of missing it. Will it be bad practice doing a full body routine 3 times a week and boxing?

Weight training to compliment bodybuilding is a completely different concept to weight training to compliment boxing......the full body workout associated with bodybuilding would be a hindrance to a fighter.

What's your guys thoughts about weightlifting and boxing training, haven't boxed for quite a bit now and I'm kind of missing it. Will it be bad practice doing a full body routine 3 times a week and boxing?

Weight training to compliment bodybuilding is a completely different concept to weight training to compliment boxing......the full body workout associated with bodybuilding would be a hindrance to a fighter.

Gnasher what do you think of crossfit?

I think like everything else it has its place.......i dont think its something you could rely on or do too much of but for beating staleness and adding variation i think its great.....the plyometric exercises require explosiveness so the stability as well as flexibility of joints is massively important in avoiding injury not so much to the joints themself but to muscle tissue where the joints dont allow a full range of motion........i dont believe that crossfit will give you that joint strength either so its important to have it first,hence in my opinion Crossfit is not for beginners.....but certainly the short burst high intensity exercises will always boost testosterone and therefore have its place within any exercise program.

I think like everything else it has its place.......i dont think its something you could rely on or do too much of but for beating staleness and adding variation i think its great.....the plyometric exercises require explosiveness so the stability as well as flexibility of joints is massively important in avoiding injury not so much to the joints themself but to muscle tissue where the joints dont allow a full range of motion........i dont believe that crossfit will give you that joint strength either so its important to have it first,hence in my opinion Crossfit is not for beginners.....but certainly the short burst high intensity exercises will always boost testosterone and therefore have its place within any exercise program.

I've been at it 6 months and have never been in better shape. I've had a few niggles which I can cope with but it's the possibility of long term damage that has me dubious??

I've been at it 6 months and have never been in better shape. I've had a few niggles which I can cope with but it's the possibility of long term damage that has me dubious??

Ant ,Ive lifted for 27 years and run as you know with my past and present work ,started cross-fit last year,dropped 20LBs and it totally freshened my fitness routine up and mind ,im pulling sleighs ,tossing tyres lol i loves it

I dont see any reason for long term damage to an already reasonably strong physique.......i wouldnt recommend folk to base their whole exercise regime on it but like i say i think its a great tool to use.

Ant ,Ive lifted for 27 years and run as you know with my past and present work ,started cross-fit last year,dropped 20LBs and it totally freshened my fitness routine up and mind ,im pulling sleighs ,tossing tyres lol i loves it
I'm hooked myself mate, never thought that feeling of you lungs bursting, heart beating out of your chest, feeling like your gonna spew could be so addictive!! Lol

The changes I've seen in 6 months are unreal.

I dont see any reason for long term damage to an already reasonably strong physique.......i wouldnt recommend folk to base their whole exercise regime on it but like i say i think its a great tool to use.

Makes sense what your saying as it seems to be the lads that have came from a bodybuilding/weight training back ground that excel in the majority of workouts ;)

I'm hooked myself mate, never thought that feeling of you lungs bursting, heart beating out of your chest, feeling like your gonna spew could be so addictive!! Lol

Are there a lot of injuries associated?

I only know 2 people who've done it regularly,both ended up quite badly injured but have gone straight back to it when they could.

Are there a lot of injuries associated?

I only know 2 people who've done it regularly,both ended up quite badly injured but have gone straight back to it when they could.

I think for newcomers having a good coach who can recognise peoples limits is essential. Too many people are allowed to do too much, too heavy, too quick and injure themselves.

Myself I've only had a few niggles in my feet and shins which I think have came from the running that's involved, I've never really ran much before and always tried to avoid it like the plague. Lol

Like Gnasher has said gradually strenghening ligaments and working on mobility are the key to staying injury free.

• Like 1

I used them years ago, old school cycles back then mostly deca/sust/dbol combo, sometimes ran a test only cycle, never really suffered any sides, not bad 1s anyway

Did similar,,, also used winstrol ,,,4 - 6 week cycles,,, then a month or two off ,,,I had already been lifting for 10 years or so befor I did anything,, had some good advise of folk I belived new the score,,, did it for around 3 years towards the end of the 90s...

Had no side effects so far,, that I know about,,,, apart from bad acne on my back,,, that took a course of antibiotics to get rid of

I used them years ago, old school cycles back then mostly deca/sust/dbol combo, sometimes ran a test only cycle, never really suffered any sides, not bad 1s anyway

I had already been lifting for 10 years or so befor I did anything

Same here.....Seems kids today are on the gear before they enter a gym

Remember a stoner years ago who decided it was time to change his life, started to inject his keister with some garbage what a sight he looked stomping down to the gym family size holdall in one hand and his newly acquired 3 stone head, needless to say it was very shortlived lol

Know lots of lads whove done em, tried some myself.

Gotta ask yourself a few questions

1) what am I truly going to gain by this ?

2) how will it effect me, my family and everything else ?

3) ate you willing to live with the consequences if it goes wrong ?

Regarding 3 - Seen plenty of it mate. People with Gyno (bitch tits) , spend thousands of pounds for surgery to fix it, people young going bald (maybe would have anyways but not that young), people getting rage and into fights etc, severe achne that leaves the skin properly scared that won't ever go, and most worrying of all - low test for life.

Know a bloke who came off for years, took all the stuff to PCT, as you should, the lad was no idiot , then spent thousands seeing the top hormone doctors (endocrinologists) and his natural test production never came back after coming off. It can and does happen. Are you willing to live with that risk ?

• Like 1