Catherine Elliot Hancock Lurchers

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've probably had this up more than once before. He was a dog I bought from a greyhound breeder who paid good money for a greyhound stud then his farm collie managed to cover the bitch after she came

Well,... I like Collie x Greyhounds,... I find them just right for the mouching/ferreting/rabbiting game ... I prefer the bitches, as they are generally a tad smaller than the dogs and can still

Some people cant deal with what sometimes a collie type temperament brings and should and would be better off with a different type.

Posted Images

That's me then pal, banned! I only stated that none of there dogs were capable of a day/ nights work and they only produced pups per public demand. Having said that I own one and am happy with her but wouldn't have another, that's all

• Like 1

That's me then pal, banned! I only stated that none of there dogs were capable of a day/ nights work and they only produced pups per public demand. Having said that I own one and am happy with her but wouldn't have another, that's all

some folk only want to hear good stuff, if you breed loads of dogs they can't all be good law of averages .

Ye she thinks she knows it all and runs hancocks kennels and she hasnt a clue. Banned me cos shes a cu##.

Neil i do find your comment stupid though how do you know what all hancocks dogs are or arnt capable of just cos yours obviously cant doesnt mean some one elses cant put a good shift in.

• Like 6

I got banned yesterday for telling the truth. I said that the greyhounds were shot once the too old to breed or not breeding enough and puppies that didn't sell were also shot.

There lots of pet / agility owners on there and that fine but too many experts lol

Catherine Elliot is a clown. She actually thinks that Hancock lurchers are a breed themselves and didn't like it when I said that they no different to any other collie cross.

Now, I like Hancock and had a 3/4 cross that was great so I not just a stirrer but she didn't like the truth.

Ye she thinks she knows it all and runs hancocks kennels and she hasnt a clue. Banned me cos shes a cu##.

Neil i do find your comment stupid though how do you know what all hancocks dogs are or arnt capable of just cos yours obviously cant doesnt mean some one elses cant put a good shift in. I was referring to the dogs that were breed off not the pups that are produced, I'm more that happy with mine

Aye strange things happen on lamping matches

Dead right mate,,,,i remember when I lost the semifinal of the lamp comp to markbrick,,,Tara was twice the dog Kat was ,,but I lost fair and square,,, like any sport difrent day difrent result

• Like 9

Where 1/2 cross and 3/4 bred lurchers are produced on masse,..the choice of Greyhound dam will often dictate the eventual outcome of a certain litter...

Even when mated to Border Collies,Collie Greyhounds,Beardies and even Oz Heelers,..some grand old moms seem to produce a far better end result and consistency than others.... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 7

The thing is with the page is that there is more pet people than working Lurcher people on there and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's understandable that some people also don't want to see photos of rabbits and other quarry (legal or not from past or present or from Ireland) which i can understand however it doesn't bother me at all. However at the end of the day hancocks came about as they were breeding working dogs for working homes. It's in their DNA no matter what they're doing now to work if shown how to. They're Lurchers and that's their job. I've posted about working dogs or commented etc and never been banned however I didn't see your comments I'll be honest so don't know why you would be banned. Maybe it's time for someone to make a working Hancock Lurcher page to avoid all this? At the end of the day everyone's on that page for a common interest and have different jobs for the dog they've chosen. I've got no problem with pet Lurchers or working. Quite frankly as long as they're fit and healthy and being treated right I don't care what you do with them. it's a Lurcher group and people have to accept you'll get all angles of what they do :)

• Like 3