Caught Trespassing

atuddy

Hello people just a quick one I was flying my goshawk in some public woods the other day and my gos flew over were there is a shoot so any way I tracked her down and went to retrieve her on my way back to the car there was 3 police cars and two old chaps with shotguns so the police said we were trespassing so I told her what had happened she said it doesn't matter why I was on there I shouldn't of been there so now am waiting on a summons to court, what I want to know is were do I stand?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it wont even get to court , they cant do you for out other than getting your bird back ,

Trespass is not a criminal offence as others have said so it would be up to the old gits to go to the trouble of bringing a private prosecution under civil law, and then they would have to prove you c

TRESPASS on its own is NOT a CRIMINAL offence, It's a CIVIL MATTER. Therefore the police cannot bring the matter to a criminal court. Trespass can be a factor in other crimes, i.e. if you were carryin

Was the bird on a kill? A falconer once told me there was an ancient law that still stood, that you could retrieve your bird (legally) on a kill from over a boundary??

......you could always claim the wind took your bird over the boundary, what's the worse that can happen?

• Like 2

Was the bird on a kill? A falconer once told me there was an ancient law that still stood, that you could retrieve your bird (legally) on a kill from over a boundary??

......you could always claim the wind took your bird over the boundary, what's the worse that can happen?

i think this is correct but you have to leave any quarry where it is :thumbs:

i think this is correct but you have to leave any quarry where it is :thumbs:

Yes that's the bit I forgot.......haha...