Preventing Poaching In The Uk

Hi,

I am a Design student at Loughborough University and I am designing a product that will be used to give landowners and Gamekeepers in the UK more security against poachers. I just have a couple of questions that I would like to ask that will help me significantly with the research. It would be great to get some feedback from you! Thanks

-How does poaching occur on your land?

-What do you find to be the best defense against Poachers?

You can jam your product up your keister and swivel on it, feckin classroom theorists i've shit em
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why   exsactly...a keeper is worth one thing....his birds.... the second he falls below standard with his birds he WILL be in the firing line..what if he has wife and bairns? what happens if your c

speaking from both sides of the law having been a gamekeeper whos estate prosecuted for poaching and having been prosecuted for poaching.....THL is NOT the place to get sound advice about this topic

Wild??? Pheasants??? Deer parks? Etc.   Big difference between poaching some bunnys etc and a lot of other stuff, some poaching does basically involve robbing someones stock, taking their assets et

Hi,

I am a Design student at Loughborough University and I am designing a product that will be used to give landowners and Gamekeepers in the UK more security against poachers. I just have a couple of questions that I would like to ask that will help me significantly with the research. It would be great to get some feedback from you! Thanks

-How does poaching occur on your land?

-What do you find to be the best defense against Poachers?

You can jam your product up your keister and swivel on it, feckin classroom theorists i've shit em

Always good to see someone come back with an educated reply. It always shows the hunting fraternity in such good light. . . . .

• Like 11

how do they own the land,because they bought it from someone who bought it from someone etc,etc,etc who originally either drove off any inhabitants who hunted it and worked it or claimed it as theirs and all the creatures there in.Basically it was stolen away from the common man who then stopped being self sufficient and became a serf at the owners bidding.often not being allowed to hunt.Any thoughts anyone

Aye....that's bollocks
why?
why

how do they own the land,because they bought it from someone who bought it from someone etc,etc,etc who originally either drove off any inhabitants who hunted it and worked it or claimed it as theirs and all the creatures there in.Basically it was stolen away from the common man who then stopped being self sufficient and became a serf at the owners bidding.often not being allowed to hunt.Any thoughts anyone

Aye....that's bollocks

Why?
Because they do own it....whether you like it or not. I've no problem with poaching wild game.....different story when it comes to pheasants though that someone has worked hard to rear and some c**t comes along and thinks there easy pickings.

exsactly...a keeper is worth one thing....his birds.... the second he falls below standard with his birds he WILL be in the firing line..what if he has wife and bairns? what happens if your curs running thru a wood causes the birds to desert it? causing a drive to fail? causing percentages to fall? their a big number of estate owners out their who know their s a big number of keepers willing to jump into boots.but then thier any ones birds eh? game owned by no one? yeh surethe keeper hasn't spent all summer killing himself rearing tens of thousands of birds.. pheasnts are NOT wild game reared game birds are NOT their for the taking they represent property and the skill of the man who has reared them and is holding themfeddal17.jpg feddal16.jpg feddal14.jpgfeddal3.jpg wild game their for the taking eh?feddal2.jpg feddal6.jpg feddal12.jpg and a keepers value?? forget the image of the old keepers serving generation on the same place....let me tell you what his value is...and how easy it can be f****d up by some scrote with "the right" game%20book%205.jpg numbers....thats what its aboutgame%20book.jpg game%20book%204.jpg game%20book%202.jpg game%20book%203.jpg

So once the pheasant leaves the estate your telling me it's still owned by the shoot bollocks to that agian if the keepers so worried about upsetting his boss and not making enough to money that's his problem not mine plenty of other money out there if you know what your doing

Aye....that's bollocks
why?
why

Aye....that's bollocks
Why?
Because they do own it....whether you like it or not. I've no problem with poaching wild game.....different story when it comes to pheasants though that someone has worked hard to rear and some c**t comes along and thinks there easy pickings.
exsactly...a keeper is worth one thing....his birds.... the second he falls below standard with his birds he WILL be in the firing line..what if he has wife and bairns? what happens if your curs running thru a wood causes the birds to desert it? causing a drive to fail? causing percentages to fall? their a big number of estate owners out their who know their s a big number of keepers willing to jump into boots.but then thier any ones birds eh? game owned by no one? yeh surethe keeper hasn't spent all summer killing himself rearing tens of thousands of birds.. pheasnts are NOT wild game reared game birds are NOT their for the taking they represent property and the skill of the man who has reared them and is holding themfeddal17.jpg feddal16.jpg feddal14.jpgfeddal3.jpg wild game their for the taking eh?feddal2.jpg feddal6.jpg feddal12.jpg and a keepers value?? forget the image of the old keepers serving generation on the same place....let me tell you what his value is...and how easy it can be f****d up by some scrote with "the right" game%20book%205.jpg numbers....thats what its aboutgame%20book.jpg game%20book%204.jpg game%20book%202.jpg game%20book%203.jpg

So once the pheasant leaves the estate your telling me it's still owned by the shoot bollocks to that agian if the keepers so worried about upsetting his boss and not making enough to money that's his problem not mine plenty of other money out there if you know what your doing

Ummmmmm 'poaching' would imply that they had not wandered off the estate!

I agree the initial question is a bit naive. If you are in the process of designing something, you'd need to know those answers before you could start.....BUT....

Say for instance one of us won the lottery and bought a house with a good bit of land, would you still think it was ok for people to roam your estate while you're in bed and shoot/kill stuff on it? The technicality of who owns a wild animal is one thing, but to have people clumping round your land uninvited is another.

Where do you draw the line? Would it be ok to come in my house uninvited and raid the fridge? I don't see a difference.

Aye....that's bollocks
why?
why

Aye....that's bollocks

Why?

If it leaves the estate then i suppose it's fair game....keepers job to keep it on the estate though. We are talking about poaching/stealing on the estate though.

Aye....that's bollocks
why?
why

Aye....that's bollocks
Why?

what a arrogant narrowness of mind with a "f**k em" attitude. its simply a privilage

the quote "never argue with a fool they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience" springs to mind

• Like 2

Aye....that's bollocks
why?
why

Aye....that's bollocks
Why?

Ummmmmm 'poaching' would imply that they had not wandered off the estate!

Lol not unless your poaching the land they have wandered to

And I understand what you re saying about them bieng truly wild as game farm reared but once they are out and about th feilds they are living a pretty wild life and some pheasants will be released to live away from the shoot altogether

I agree the initial question is a bit naive. If you are in the process of designing something, you'd need to know those answers before you could start.....BUT....

Say for instance one of us won the lottery and bought a house with a good bit of land, would you still think it was ok for people to roam your estate while you're in bed and shoot/kill stuff on it? The technicality of who owns a wild animal is one thing, but to have people clumping round your land uninvited is another.

Where do you draw the line? Would it be ok to come in my house uninvited and raid the fridge? I don't see a difference.

I wish them luck coming onto my land with two Alsatians who won't take no shit lol

• Like 1

Aye....that's bollocks
why?
why

Aye....that's bollocks
Why?

what a arrogant narrowness of mind with a "f**k em" attitude. its simply a privilage

the quote "never argue with a fool they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience" springs to mind

Privelage to work for some rich estate owner who would have someone wipe his own ass lol your deluded you want to liberate yourself my friend there's a lot more out there I feel it's a privellage to be free to do what I want when I want but a huge to there own

Does anybody else think pheasant are just too easy to poach? Much easier to fill a bag with pheasant the rabbits or hares lol but them fooking feathers, get everywhere. That's part reason I don't touch em, they stupid things and suicidal at best of times lol

Grossly over rated i would say,give me the humble rabbit any day.

• Like 1

I wish them luck coming onto my land with two Alsatians who won't take no shit lol

So are you saying it's ok to go on other people's land but it's not ok for them to come on yours?