Preventing Poaching In The Uk

Right Design Student. YOU have given us nothing except a question. We have given YOU, I'll admit, a kind of rigmarole answer. Now what exactly is this design project that is going to stop poaching, ANSWER PLEASE.

Thanks Jok,

Sorry for not being so up to date with this. Frankly I didn't think this would get any response at all, so cheers guys for all the comments. It's actually provided me with some pretty good insights into how people feel on the subject of poaching.

In answer to your question Jok, I'm actually in the research phase at the moment so I don't have a physical product idea yet, but I'll keep you all posted on any developments (Not that any of you are at all that interested).

I would suggest we are very interested,hence the replies

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why   exsactly...a keeper is worth one thing....his birds.... the second he falls below standard with his birds he WILL be in the firing line..what if he has wife and bairns? what happens if your c

speaking from both sides of the law having been a gamekeeper whos estate prosecuted for poaching and having been prosecuted for poaching.....THL is NOT the place to get sound advice about this topic

Wild??? Pheasants??? Deer parks? Etc.   Big difference between poaching some bunnys etc and a lot of other stuff, some poaching does basically involve robbing someones stock, taking their assets et

Guest ragumup

Right Design Student. YOU have given us nothing except a question. We have given YOU, I'll admit, a kind of rigmarole answer. Now what exactly is this design project that is going to stop poaching, ANSWER PLEASE.

Thanks Jok,

Sorry for not being so up to date with this. Frankly I didn't think this would get any response at all, so cheers guys for all the comments. It's actually provided me with some pretty good insights into how people feel on the subject of poaching.

In answer to your question Jok, I'm actually in the research phase at the moment so I don't have a physical product idea yet, but I'll keep you all posted on any developments (Not that any of you are at all that interested).

For roosting pheasants it's already been designed it consist of a thin thread wire with a current running through it that you simply unroll around the pen or any roosting area (as big as 800 meters in circumference) at knee height and if someone walks through it it breaks and set an alarm off in the keeper's house or truck and each pen has a different alarm sound ....I used them for years just a pain when a deer walks through them in the small hours....

Thanks Jok,

Well that's great to hear! In that case I will definitely keep you all posted because I am very interested as to what you guys think, no matter what side of the line you are on.

And thanks Ragamup, I'm always keen to hear about existing products, I guess something to think about would be to redesign that product so that the deer don't walk through it, although I'd like to see the look on my tutors' face when I redesign an electric wire haha

Thanks Jok,

Well that's great to hear! In that case I will definitely keep you all posted because I am very interested as to what you guys think, no matter what side of the line you are on.

And thanks Ragamup, I'm always keen to hear about existing products, I guess something to think about would be to redesign that product so that the deer don't walk through it, although I'd like to see the look on my tutors' face when I redesign an electric wire haha

So are you going to "poach" that product?

So do we have to imagine that this a deer product or idea? You know something fella, there are a hell of a lot more poachable products in the UK. Get yourself into The Australian little man now in this country, the Wild boar,or in fact really treat your tutor with some underwater poaching. Now that would blow his socks off.

why on earth would you wanna stop poaching?? Beggars belief lol

Nobody would ever believe you were poaching Meat, not strutting about in the clobber you wear
That's the plan, if ever caught, plead insanity lol
just ask them to help you back to the minibus
I just start singing the song from singing in the rain and dancing about and they usually leave me be
Is that with your skirt tucked into your knickers and wearing the big size 12 frog eye wellies
You know me so well
There's only one Mushroom

T'fuuk :laugh:

I have muck boots not froggies ?

I think Ch-Suk is onto somehting here. All he has got to put together is an SAS trained alsation, the brains of a navy SEAL,(shit, forgot they ain't got none LOL),able to use det cord as trip wires, silent shotgun, smoke to stop the buggers getting away, telecommunications with every law enforcement officer in the country, not be able to sleep at any time especially between 5.30 an 6.00, drive either a high speed motorcycle or 4 wheel drive, have a crew available with a nice cosy 4.5m RIB and just generally be a bad guy. Yep that sounds easy. Good luck with your tutor.

Hi,

I am a Design student at Loughborough University and I am designing a product that will be used to give landowners and Gamekeepers in the UK more security against poachers. I just have a couple of questions that I would like to ask that will help me significantly with the research. It would be great to get some feedback from you! Thanks

-How does poaching occur on your land?

-What do you find to be the best defense against Poachers?

Hi CH - SUK

The Scottish Midge is the ultimate defence against Poachers.

They attack day and night .

They can burn the eyes , ears , neck and attack all exposed skin making any sort of concentration impossible. You can't set a net, cast , look through a scope , lay still , hide in heather lurk in the woods . They can choke a victim by clogging the air so thick you are breathing them in

I have seen them drive lurchers , terriers and sheepdogs to distraction.

I can sell you some of the west coasts finest most aggressive strains at a very reasonable rate

All you have to do is find a way of transporting them , keeping them alive and then you can unleash them at your leisure on the great game estates of the south as the ultimate poacher deterrent.

In the form of a big Hoover or improvised explosive device to release the midgies . Sorted

• Like 9