Louis Theroux's African Hunting Holiday

Their is already a thread on here from way back in 2008 when the show first aired but as its been archived i cant add to the thread http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/48039-louis-therouxs-african-hunting-holiday/

I just finished watching it on Netflix and i thought it was a decent documentary . Not as biased towards anti-hunting as a would have thought . Ok it shows some americans who have paid money to go over there and shoot semi-tame animals and who themselves dont seem that bright but when questioning the african hunstmen and gamekeepers they come up with some good reasons as to why game hunting is so important to africa and to the animals themselves .

This is a link to the episode on youtube , cant work out why the uploader has tried to make it look like a cinema tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR7rp-ij_Ik

If your not interested in the video or dont have the time to watch it try and watch the parts from 31:50 ( the man explaining how poaching has decimated population in zimbabwe and the fact animals frourish with him through hunting . Also explaining how when people automatically dislike hunting they fixate on the killing of the animal and not the hunting part). also the part 50:17 ( The grizzly old south african loses it with louis theroux about his constant questions and in his anger puts some great arguments forward about why hunting is needed in africa)

The americans come across as a bit annoying in this , cant quite put my finger on why its just their attitude gets on my tits a bit .

Definetly worth a watch if you got a Netlfix account and a hour to spare

• Like 1