Shooting Elephants

They will get away with it stating there ruining farmers crop and they need to protect them and if the money spent on the cull is put back into help the local community whats the problem ? theres always going to be conflict with humans needing more and more space soon you will only see any animal in a zoo or a reserve

Are you on about big game shooters or folks on here talking about rabbits and other vermin? as it could be either if your going to get moral about it..

Will add here a few that don't like it have spent may a year chasing native sprinting hares with non native distance running dogs and they need to pull their heads out the fecking clouds :yes: ..

Edited by fireman
  • Like 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Elephants are NOT endangered.   There are FAR more than half a million. We hunters should not believe the quoted figures that are touted by the anti hunting brigade. It's justt eh same as they do ov

99.9% of folk on here hunt for fun ffs and how do you know that elephant wasn't vermin in that area?...

i think the poisoning 0f 26 elephants by cyanide in zimbabwe is more concerning

I've just realised what p*sses me off the most about people shooting large trophy animals: it is the fact that they need to throw huge sums of money into killing the biggest and best of a species. WTF????????????? Where the hell did this type of human being end up in such a f*cked up state of mind? It's like, the bigger and more impressive the animal is, the more they want to take it down, snuff it out, and say, hey look at me, I did this. These trophy hunters are the saddest, smallest fools on earth.

In some ways I agree with you, although it doesn't pi$$ me off but I have no inclination to shoot the alpha of any species and I would much rather admire them and let them reproduce their alpha genes. I have one exception and that is pigs. When I hunt pigs with my dogs or rifles I always target the big alpha boar and I am delighted when my dogs do the same. Big boars are such contemptuous and destructive big bullies I feel they are challenging me to catch them if I can. I am not sure if trophy hunters have similar feelings but I don't feel it is my right to judge. One advantage besides the conservation aspects is the animal dies quickly compared to the fate it would suffer if left to die of natural causes and they die at the top without having to suffer the inevitable distress and humiliation of defeat to a younger rival. There are positives from trophy hunting if you want to look for them though not enough for me to want to partake but enough for me to accept others choices.

Edited to add I can think of quite a few smaller sadder fools on the earth that would be the target of my wrath before I targeted trophy hunters. Atvb.

Edited by Silversnake
  • Like 1

Do you know any big game hunters Max ?,because i do and he's one of the most knowledgble and acting countrymen i've ever met,his hedge rows are 2 feet taller than everyone elses just for the birds and wildlife,he spends a lot of money each year on wild bird cover again just for the wild birds but he has been to Africa and shot a few big game animals so idiots not all and better countrymen than me or you are some :yes: .As for what i said about saluki blooded dogs i do mean and i do thingk it's cheating and none of these snowy,lucky,merlin/eve bred things impress me as it goes :tongue2: and i'm far more impressed when a native breed blooded dogs brings one home than any of them.I'm not knocking others for doing so as just becuase it's not our thing don't make it wrong, :thumbs:

• Like 3

So he lets his hedges grow but shoots a elephant

Can't see the ying and yang there at all lol

He prob sees it as fair attonment lol

Well what did you ever do for the hares or wildlife you hunted? :hmm: ,it's not all about taking or killing but a ballance of give and take :yes: and if you can't see the ying and yang in that then those rose tinted glasses you wear for your football team seem to be obstucting not only your footballing eyesight mate :victory: ...

Shouldnt be shooting elephants in 2015.

I thought we got all that out our system years ago! Nearly bringing species to extinction.

Some cases we did.

Take whales we hunted those poor buggers in an industrial scale.

im sure with all that money spent to shoot it he could have got his jollies elsewhere.

Some interesting posts on here, particularly with it being a hunting site. If you're doing it for sport then I see no difference between shooting an elephant and shooting a rat.

Well, there is, not a single scrap of elephant is wasted....... :yes:

• Like 2

They are a natural resource to be used as the country sees fit, we slaughtered all our big game many years ago an if an elephant got lose from the zoo and started on the local farmers crops, perhaps trampling a few green welly villagers in the process think there wouldn't be too much uproar at it being shot!! :gunsmilie:

If some Rich bloke / woman can afford 50k to shoot a Elephant

Why not just donate 50k to those who are making sure they are here in the future ?

Why would anyone want to kill something as majestic and intelligent ?

A shot is a shot

Donate 50k then shoot a Rat ffs

Some folk think the same about hares. ;)

Some interesting posts on here, particularly with it being a hunting site. If you're doing it for sport then I see no difference between shooting an elephant and shooting a rat.

That's the thing pesky, there is a difference......no matter how pragmatic we try to be or how we try to lump every animal in the same bracket as hunters, there will always be a difference......

I'll wager any man on here would feel different, if only slightly, when looking through a scope at a rat or at a bull elephant prior to pulling the trigger......it's what makes us human ffs

I actually killed a rat this morning I'd trapped in a cage trap, I had no gun, but I did it quickly none the less..........but there's no way I would of used the same method for a fox, let alone an elephant......

I have no real feelings about others shooting elephants tbh, but I've been in with elephants, up close & looked into their eyes.......it's some beast just to pull the trigger on for sporting purposes, could I do it? I'm not really sure.........but I know there's one hell of a difference between them & rat!

I think as hunters it's healthy to have a conscience.........even if it is hypocritical sometimes.....;-)

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 5

Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it wrong. The Labour Party didn't agree with hunting and they didn't like the people who did it, they knew the facts but banned it anyway. Sounds very similar to some of the people on this thread. Here's a few stories just to so how uneducated people can be just to force a point, when me and the missus were first going out she told me I shouldn't kill foxes," why? "I asked," because their endangered " she said, "how do you work that out" was my reply, "well I've never seen one". "And nor will you sat on your arse watching telly" that put that argument to bed.

Another one, many years ago I had a big deerhound x, very strong and very hard mouthed, anyway I was walking him on Crosby sea front on a lovely summers day with my daughter who was just a baby then, the place was as busy as a summer time beach could be, and some old boy stops me and starts telling me tales of his lurchers coursing hares and what not, he then asks me what I hunt with him, " rabbit, hare and fox" I says. Well he could of turned milk sour with the glare he gave me when fox was mentioned, "don't hunt fox with him"

"Why"

"He might get hurt"

I just walked away the dog was over 30 inches and weight more than 4 and a half stone, it didn't look as if foxes bothered him when he had hold. And funnily enough it was a hare that killed him, go figure.

• Like 6

If some Rich bloke / woman can afford 50k to shoot a Elephant

Why not just donate 50k to those who are making sure they are here in the future ?

Why would anyone want to kill something as majestic and intelligent ?

A shot is a shot

Donate 50k then shoot a Rat ffs

Wow.....just wow.

You sound like the sort of person who would just ban shooting full stop cause you don't agree with it.

Maybe there's an adrenaline rush like no other when taking large game. Personally I'm not interested in it but I can see the fascination.

So is it the shooting or the wealth you really have a problem with Max?

• Like 3