Shooting Elephants

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Elephants are NOT endangered.   There are FAR more than half a million. We hunters should not believe the quoted figures that are touted by the anti hunting brigade. It's justt eh same as they do ov

99.9% of folk on here hunt for fun ffs and how do you know that elephant wasn't vermin in that area?...

i think the poisoning 0f 26 elephants by cyanide in zimbabwe is more concerning

Iv said it loads of times before

The human population worldwide is at a tipping point as far as if it creeps up by another 3-5 billion in the next 65 years as it has the last 65 yrs Mother Earth and all it's Beauty is finishedx

2 child policy Worldwide is the way forward

But SELF and Selfishness plus Personal Greed won't allow this

We and the World are fooked and it's nothing less than WE deserve if we Honest.

'Mother nature' will find a way to redress the balance. Nature will continue to evolve and adapt to survive.., and it's beauty will endure. What part humans will play in the longer term future of the planet remains to be seen.
  • Like 3

Ok so there appears to be justification in humans controlling the population. However personally I still would not be interested in hunting elephants and certainly would not want to pay to do so.

Ok so there appears to be justification in humans controlling the population. However personally I still would not be interested in hunting elephants and certainly would not want to pay to do so.

Well I'd personally not be interested in burdoning a horse with my weight and forcing it to jump over high obstacles. ;) And I certainly wouldn't want to pay to do so.

There's always a different way to look at things. Facts have to come before disneyfied emotion.

There's always plenty of hand-wringers. Now that cecil is old news they'll be 'up in arms' about something else.

And the dentist, who everyone said would be put in jail etc etc, well, now the dust settled and everythings been looked at, yes, he did NOTHING illegal. :icon_eek::whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

• Like 3

Yeah - the point I'm now making is that I think many of us draw the line somewhere for whatever reason, as some-one pointed out in this thread about not wanting to shoot big cats.

So I wouldn't go trophy hunting, I wouldn't fish for big sharks or sailfish and I really don't like horse racing at all. However I shoot rabbits, pigeons and pheasants, etc, I fish for many smaller species and I like show jumping. It may be hypocritical, but it is the way I feel.

• Like 1

1833144192000, that's how may square foot the state of Florida is max, let's just round that of to 1 trillion for the sake of this calcululation, there's six billion on the earth, everyone in the world could fit into florida, an still they'd be plenty of room.

This population thing is a myth, Max, check it out

Lol I agree with you about deforestation, trees are needed for oxygen, but Max were definatley not overpopulated, big business an corporations are polluting the earth, some people help them some don't, nature does not need no help from us to survive, she can look after herself Max.

Are you a save the earth guy now Max, lol

I see what I see

Deforestation on a worldwide scale

Sea levels rising

Polloution

Massive loss of species

Extinction in many a case

Starvation and Malnutrition

ALL down to Explosion of Humans

From 3 Billion in 1950 to 7 Billion and Riseing fast

All you's Bible Bashers won't convince me different that we can just keep on doubling our numbers every 60 yrs or so and it will all be hunky dory.

The shit humans population is increasing drastically now that they have the medicine and agriculture of their superiors,who by the way are already in decline and certainly don't need their family sizes limited.

If done ethically, I feel there is nothing wrong with shooting elephants. If not done ethically I would join in the furore and be more enraged than anybody, I would demand the death penalty for these low life hunters and request to pull the trigger myself. The problem I see (strangely on a hunting site) is people are enraged regardless of whether it has been done for the right reasons or not. No matter how much I love elephants or Cecil the lion or any other creature I am not going to criticise someone for hunting IF it is done ethically. So much hype and speculation and sensationalising goes on I can see why hunting gets a bad rap from people who have no idea about hunting. If even hunters can get so fired up (some of the posts on here literally make me queasy) imagine how easy it is to manipulate people who have never hunted in their lives.

For the record I have no interest in trophy hunting of any kind but I do not see that as a reason to criticise others for doing it.

• Like 6

They will get away with it stating there ruining farmers crop and they need to protect them and if the money spent on the cull is put back into help the local community whats the problem ? theres always going to be conflict with humans needing more and more space soon you will only see any animal in a zoo or a reserve

I've just realised what p*sses me off the most about people shooting large trophy animals: it is the fact that they need to throw huge sums of money into killing the biggest and best of a species. WTF????????????? Where the hell did this type of human being end up in such a f*cked up state of mind? It's like, the bigger and more impressive the animal is, the more they want to take it down, snuff it out, and say, hey look at me, I did this. These trophy hunters are the saddest, smallest fools on earth.

• Like 2