I dunno i just dont buy the whole story that a whole breed can be judged type thing. Sure you can say they arent for every owner but cant really say the whole breed cant be trusted? Thats like saying every bulldog is going to be game. Just from posts on here id say they arent for everyone. Experienced owners and the dog brought up right why should it be any less trustworthy than another dog bred to guard?

• Like 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't trust the sneaky cnuts

Well try not shitting in farmers hedges then.

One thing they certainly will be good at, converting large amounts of dog food into excrement.

I dunno i just dont buy the whole story that a whole breed can be judged type thing. Sure you can say they arent for every owner but cant really say the whole breed cant be trusted? Thats like saying every bulldog is going to be game. Just from posts on here id say they arent for everyone. Experienced owners and the dog brought up right why should it be any less trustworthy than another dog bred to guard?

And as much as i agree with you, i just dont trust them Akitas... Funny aint it.

I've been attacked by more collies than any other dog

Well try not shitting in farmers hedges then.

To be fair you'd bite him too if he tried to wipe his arse down your back! Poor collies :no:

• Like 1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fWFUu3msdlI Very stong looking Akitas here very obedient towards owner also

Cracking looking dogs and impressive control too, still wouldn't trust them around kids though :thumbs:

yeh i know what you mean ,suppose any big dog a risk really its the damage they can do when they do bite, but when you look at a apbt even though its not big compare to other guard breed types out there , with them its what in there heads that can make them dangerous ,so if a big breed that renown for being sharp i would be wary .if they were like my dog Buck he got fantastic temp,he loves people and dogs,for such big dog its great to see,many time ive had little kids put there arms around and stroke him,he just licks them the kids love him lol he big soft thing,yet out in the field he very full on with quarry ,its a great quality he as about him to switch it on and off like that deff .

anyone had experience with this breed either the Japanese Akita or American Akita really like the dark faced American Akita

We've owned them for over 20 years, soft as hell with family members. Can be aloof with strangers, more cat like than dog. They are really laid back, no fussy in your face pain in the arse kind of dog. Can be a nightmare with other dogs that don't back down from them, I'm talking really bad.

Edited by DogFox123
  • Like 1

Very stong looking Akitas here very obedient towards owner also

Cracking looking dogs and impressive control too, still wouldn't trust them around kids though :thumbs:

I wouldn't trust no breed with kids, Akitas are great with kids but you'd have to be a fool to leave any kid with any breed unattended.

• Like 2

I wouldn't trust no breed with kids, Akitas are great with kids but you'd have to be a fool to leave any kid with any breed unattended.

Who said anything about leaving dogs unattended with kids? From personal experience I wouldn't trust an Akita in the house with kids. All 3 kids that I know got attacked by Akitas weren't unattended, if they were they'd probably be dead :no:

I'm sure if you get one from the right breeder and raise it right they can be fine but at the end of the day they're a powerful, rank driven, primitive breed. Not the best mix with young kids that can't properly assert their dominance over the dog, imo

Who said anything about leaving dogs unattended with kids? From personal experience I wouldn't trust an Akita in the house with kids. All 3 kids that I know got attacked by Akitas weren't unattended, if they were they'd probably be dead :no:

I'm sure if you get one from the right breeder and raise it right they can be fine but at the end of the day they're a powerful, rank driven, primitive breed. Not the best mix with young kids that can't properly assert their dominance over the dog, imo

Yeah I agree, 9 times out of 10 it's how you raise them. We've had them since 1994 and they have all been soft as hell with the kids. It's idiots who shouldn't even own dogs that are the problem, buying dogs then passing them on like nothing. Of course if a dog like an Akita gets hold of somebody it's going to do a lot of damage.

Yeah I agree, 9 times out of 10 it's how you raise them. We've had them since 1994 and they have all been soft as hell with the kids. It's idiots who shouldn't even own dogs that are the problem, buying dogs then passing them on like nothing. Of course if a dog like an Akita gets hold of somebody it's going to do a lot of damage.

If you go into it knowing what Akitas are like and you're willing to put that extra training in and know to be extra vigilant over any interactions between dog and children then it can obviously be fine, your 20 years of successful keeping is testament to that :thumbs: but the majority of people get them because they're big and fluffy and expect it to be a big teddy bear with no effort on their part and then they run into serious problems :no:

To be honest even if I trusted them I wouldn't want them in the house, feck dealing with all that hair :laugh: they do make good yard dogs though...

• Like 1