It wasn't. Me but my dad used to manage a farm years ago anyhow one Friday he had a blazing row with his boss about driving around with the shotgun loaded in the back of jeep he drove home that evening and handed the boss the keys to the jeep and. Walk away still fighting anyway following morning the boss came to pick my da up he see the gun still in the jeep and check it and it was still loaded form the day before so got in another row and walked back in the house and never went to work that Saturday morning he got a phone call to the house. A few hours later the gun had gone off in the jeep kill his boss and I could have been him that morning as he always drove that jeep it wasnt nice what happened that morning and he feels guilty for not taking the gun but by feck I'm glad he didn't go that morning

Edited by bob84

In 1993 4 teenagers lost their lives in a canoeing accident, in Lyme Regis, which changed the way outdoor pursuit companies are ran and also resulted in the first case of someone being found guilty of Corporate manslaughter in this country.

My wife was there as a 6th form student with her school friends, at the time she was sat on the beach in her canoe waiting to go into the water when she heard that some of her friends, who had just left the beach, were in trouble. She lost 4 good friends and was only lucky that she was in the 2nd group. It shaped her life in many ways, she couldn't face going back and finishing her a levels, many of her friends didn't either, she had grown up with these kids on the same estate, same schools and at 16 they died in the most tragic way, purely through others incompetence and bad luck that they weren't in the 2nd group... it still plays on her mind now.

Luck?, Fate?, God?... who knows you've just got to play the hand you're dealt...

• Like 1

Remember that one as well Kev, very sad.

When we were kids we used to go off with the Scouts, abseiling, canoeing etc no such thing as insurance etc, if someone broke an arm for instance, it was "just an accident"

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

There's nothing to say that accident would have happened if you had gone into work instead of those other lads NW. Every choice we make in life lead us down paths of infinitely different outcomes. The chances that everything happening exactly how it happened but involving different people are extremely small.

There's nothing to say that accident would have happened if you had gone into work instead of those other lads NW. Every choice we make in life lead us down paths of infinitely different outcomes. The chances that everything happening exactly how it happened but involving different people are extremely small.

My thoughts exactly...

• Like 2