You Get Out What You Put In, Whats Your Favourite Dog You Owned

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favourite bitch is sky my blue bitch put a lot of time into and she's turned 3 now and reaping the rewards she's a decent all around bitch and will give her all into everything I throw at her hunts

I've always thought this but just wanted to say it, the more time and effort you put in the better the rewards,had my little bitch here since 6 weeks old,she's coming up 5 next, and she's getting bett

colliewhippet x grey of some sort probably my best dog , got him at 6 weeks old and had him for 17 years

Posted Images

My old red bitch was the best dog I've had to date. Had to have her PTS last summer.

Didn't get her from a pup and took a lot of time getting her right. She had never seen the lamp, it was all new to her. But once it clicked, it clicked. Had some good fun with her. No world beater but a real all rounder. Jack of all trades. Master of none...

null_zpsb13f9c11.jpg

• Like 8

Bullarab x bullmastiff, first hunting dog I ever owned at 14 years old. He was a big strong dog, good nose, hard on a pig with no back down in him and once he got a hold there was no pig going anywhere. Caught some very big pigs with him until the family moved up to Arnhem Land for a couple months and he chased a pig into a river and got taken by a croc right in front of me. Just about broke my heart, he was only 3. Have never seen a dog since that could be so physical and aggressive when hunting and then be an absolute teddy bear with other pets, stock, small children etc

bloody hell mate, was there no way you could save him,? did the croc just take him under and down deep. but suppose its the country you live in and crocs/snakes are part of it ,you have to just learn to live with the risks then , still a heart breaker to see more so as you say if a very good dog.

Yeah I saw the croc come up and grab him and it just took him straight under. I went to the car and got my Dad's gun and waited for that croc for around 4 hrs but I never saw it. Where I lived at the time has no crocs, it was just the place we were for those few months. I saw the pig go in and screamed for him to stop and come back coz I knew there were crocs in that river but he was too keen on getting the pig and went in after it

• Like 1

Bullarab x bullmastiff, first hunting dog I ever owned at 14 years old. He was a big strong dog, good nose, hard on a pig with no back down in him and once he got a hold there was no pig going anywhere. Caught some very big pigs with him until the family moved up to Arnhem Land for a couple months and he chased a pig into a river and got taken by a croc right in front of me. Just about broke my heart, he was only 3. Have never seen a dog since that could be so physical and aggressive when hunting and then be an absolute teddy bear with other pets, stock, small children etc

bloody hell mate, was there no way you could save him,? did the croc just take him under and down deep. but suppose its the country you live in and crocs/snakes are part of it ,you have to just learn to live with the risks then , still a heart breaker to see more so as you say if a very good dog.

Yeah I saw the croc come up and grab him and it just took him straight under. I went to the car and got my Dad's gun and waited for that croc for around 4 hrs but I never saw it. Where I lived at the time has no crocs, it was just the place we were for those few months. I saw the pig go in and screamed for him to stop and come back coz I knew there were crocs in that river but he was too keen on getting the pig and went in after it

bad luck mate, just one of them things then, bloody shame though

bad luck mate, just one of them things then, bloody shame though

Yeah that's it. If i can find a picture somewhere of him I'll chuck it up

• Like 2

Has to be my current dog, cracking little dog for fur and feather.

Keeps me happy.

I have been doing more with the pup this season than this dog until last week when I decided to take him for a nights lamping and he just reminded me why I like him so much, he catches more than he misses retrieves rabbits back to me if he misses he is straight back to me and I can lamp him without a slip on no matter how far he hunts a quick whistle and he is on his way back even if he is out of sight

post-70168-0-80648200-1445182662_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5