Airedale X Deer/grey

Sounds interesting, they should make tough, knock about dogs. I'd agree that they wouldnt be the fastest of lurchers but i'd bet they make up for it with other jobs!

If i was gonna use sommat like an airdale i'd go with a coursing type. They seem to thin out the heaviest of dogs. ;)

Sounds interesting, they should make tough, knock about dogs. I'd agree that they wouldnt be the fastest of lurchers but i'd bet they make up for it with other jobs!

If i was gonna use sommat like an airdale i'd go with a coursing type. They seem to thin out the heaviest of dogs. ;)[/quote

Once saw a dog in Birmingham it was a saluki grey half cross to a full pbt ... The dog could kill anything day or night

I bet that cross has been done in oz or the usa,Airedale x staghound.

Pretty sure that Dan fella had an airedale x staghound, it's in his coyote hunting thread. I know some fellas running airedale x greyhound/bull terrier on pigs, they go well so they tell me

• Like 1

If i was gonna use sommat like an airdale i'd go with a coursing type. They seem to thin out the heaviest of dogs. ;)[/quote

Once saw a dog in Birmingham it was a saluki grey half cross to a full pbt ... The dog could kill anything day or night

I known a dog bred that way too. ;)

One of my lurchers out of the Airedale to a coursing dog: mainly Saluki Grey. Not the very fastest I've had, but plenty fast enough for mooching about, lamping etc and tough as old boots with tons of drive, a nose as good as her dam and a lot faster than I would have thought possible for a first cross Airedale, but I do think the fact that there is Saluki in there has contributed to the lightness of build, not forgetting that although my Airedale was built like a tank, her own mother was quite lightly built and very leggy. First photo she was 5 months old, second photo 9 months. Not had a working camera for a couple of years, but will soon be able to get some up to date photos when it is fixed.

post-5156-0-79579400-1444736062.jpg

post-5156-0-52091300-1444736198_thumb.jpg

• Like 6