The Last English Poacher

Yes read it and know the family two minutes away they are Bob or bosher as he known is dead rip and most of the places in the book mentioned I can relate to and Infact mooch on the same estates to this day

Edited by CushtyJook
  • Like 3

Half way through it now, curtesey of Astanley. ;)

Yer, it's ok. Strange family that imo contradict themselves a bit but interestin none the less.

I'll add to this thred when i've finished it. ;)

going to buy it ,just after folks views on it first,i belive there cat lovers lol

• Like 1

I read it back in May ,,was baught for my birthday ....there was a thread at the time,,,and on the the thread I said ,,it was a good book,,with some interesting things in,,,not just hunting,,but country related...

However I really don't think I would like them if I met them,,,the old man came across as a right old c**t,,perhaps it's just the book,,,

As bosun has said,,,strange family,,,

• Like 5

Yes read it and know the family two minutes away they are Bob or bosher as he known is dead rip and most of the places in the book mentioned I can relate to and Infact mooch on the same estates to this day

So what you're saying Cushty is that the man in the book was the 2nd last poacher, LOL.

• Like 2

I think "interesting " sums it up ,as Tomo says the old fella sounded a proper kunt ,and youv got to get past a lot of --we are the down trodden peasants ,taking from the cruel upper classes ---type of rhetoric , but interesting non the less.

• Like 4

Been around a long time,..met a lot of notorious characters,.heroes, famous field sports legends.

Some appeared to be genuine Goodfellas,..but, most were a big disappointment :whistling:

I've not been privileged to scan this text,..but,.in my opinion,....I don't think there will ever be,..'A last English Poacher'..... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 8

Been around a long time,..met a lot of notorious characters,.heroes, famous field sports legends.

Some appeared to be genuine Goodfellas,..but, most were a big disappointment :whistling:

I've not been privileged to scan this text,..but,.in my opinion,....I don't think there will ever be,..'A last English Poacher'..... :thumbs:

Well may be not English :laugh::whistling:

• Like 6