Micro Chipping Working Dogs

Its not about making money, its about trying to reduce the stray population, what happens if your dog gets stolen and moved out of the area, least with a chip you have a chance to get the dog back if it turns up as a stray etc.

suppose to have them chipped here in the north nun of us do it,if plod stops we say the dogs up here on trial from dublin were it not legal so the border comes in handy,lol

what if out coursing and dog goes on motorway causing mayhem ,goes in among sheep and starts mauling match and its chipped to you yer fooked.lol

Aye, brill. . . . keep a sheep killing dog. But its grand if you can scarper and not get the blame. . . . . .

• Like 3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like to think that whatever shit occurred in the line of hunting, I'd stand by my mutts. . . . . . not leg it in the opposite direction, hoping no one could trace them to me.

In the coming of the law every vet will scan your dog as well.   I've already got all mine done, the reason being that if they get lost or stolen then it's your best chance of seeing them again. Th

When one of mine f****d off after a deer the night before I went on holiday I was very glad he was chipped. Fella found him three miles away from where I'd last seen him, took him to emergency vet who

Posted Images

Its not about making money, its about trying to reduce the stray population, what happens if your dog gets stolen and moved out of the area, least with a chip you have a chance to get the dog back if it turns up as a stray etc.

suppose to have them chipped here in the north nun of us do it,if plod stops we say the dogs up here on trial from dublin were it not legal so the border comes in handy,lol

what if out coursing and dog goes on motorway causing mayhem ,goes in among sheep and starts mauling match and its chipped to you yer fooked.lol

Aye, brill. . . . keep a sheep killing dog. But its grand if you can scarper and not get the blame. . . . . .

Hopefully it will stop people like that from keeping dogs. Or at least stop them getting away with being irresponsible.

Running mayhem on motorways and killing sheep. Lol

I'd have them chipped and liesenced..

Why did dig liesencs get scrapped ? ?

Mind I can see some in a quality in the pet ownership if canniens are compulsory chipped yet felines go Un checked & un neutered..

Edited by Giro

Field Marshall knows I work for the NDTR. I have worked for them for 15 years. All mine are tattooed or were as I don't have running dogs now. My spaniels are all done. It's safer in my opinon as chips move & usually end up in the from legs where they don't scan them. Think ear tattoo should be good enough as it is another legal ID if you don't want a chip?

• Like 1

You'll be alright, you'll be able to run away, seeing as you'll have trainers on. When they come round your place, you can say some one stole your dog, sorted.

says it all ffs makes you fecking wonder
  • Like 1

says it all ffs makes you fecking wonder

only 2 examples,you not see lol writ at the end....lol

There's lots of laws that are in place that many don't agree with, but they still apply.

However you look at it, its another tool that can be used to persecute dog owners. You can guarantee that if you get a pull coming off land (with permission or otherwise ) from april next year the law will have chip scanners on them.

would you really want to lose a dog that you'd put years into ?

Bit of a no brainer really

Screenshot_2015-10-08-00-36-09.png

Looked it up..

Do all you Irish lads have licence or is it not inforced ??

Cant get a dog license without the mutt being chipped ... Theres alot of people who don't bother with license's, if your out rural you'll never get checked but in the towns and estates you've got more of a chance , especially if your dog escapes..

In the coming of the law every vet will scan your dog as well.

I've already got all mine done, the reason being that if they get lost or stolen then it's your best chance of seeing them again. There's already been many cases of dogs being rehomed to their original owners when they've been found.

I like to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. :thumbs:

Nothing else in the world is more important to me, so I'm going to do everything I can for them. :victory:

• Like 4

In the coming of the law every vet will scan your dog as well.

You'd think that wouldn't you but nine times out of ten the vets over here don't check for a chip unless its been brought in as a stray