Micro Chipping Working Dogs

Hi just read that as part of there code of conduct on the lurcher association they recommend all dogs to be micro chipped I never have any working dogs micro chipped and a lot of guys with working dogs the same but maybe different now just wondered have there workers micro chipped

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like to think that whatever shit occurred in the line of hunting, I'd stand by my mutts. . . . . . not leg it in the opposite direction, hoping no one could trace them to me.

In the coming of the law every vet will scan your dog as well.   I've already got all mine done, the reason being that if they get lost or stolen then it's your best chance of seeing them again. Th

When one of mine f****d off after a deer the night before I went on holiday I was very glad he was chipped. Fella found him three miles away from where I'd last seen him, took him to emergency vet who

Posted Images

April next year all dogs will need to be micro chipped to comply with the law. The police will scan your dog if you are stopped and if its not chipped a fixed penalty if you are working it may be another excuse to impound your dog not having the chip.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

Interesting police going to scan dog even though they are understaffed rather scan a dog than attend burglary why is it all the new acts are about making money and fining people that's it I defo won't being get mine done lads thanks for info but that has made up my mind thin end of wedge they all lurcher breeds banned etc

Edited by bonehead

Its not about making money, its about trying to reduce the stray population, what happens if your dog gets stolen and moved out of the area, least with a chip you have a chance to get the dog back if it turns up as a stray etc.

• Like 2

Its not about making money, its about trying to reduce the stray population, what happens if your dog gets stolen and moved out of the area, least with a chip you have a chance to get the dog back if it turns up as a stray etc.

it always about money we these we this shower guess I be doing more time than Rolf Harris then atb Edited by bonehead