Further Update On New Lurcher Association

Were not as young as you think :laugh: but thanks for the compliment as for unity Lagbi dont have Ego,s that is left to others. LAGBI from its inception has been prepared to meet and hold talks/ discussions with anybody as is clear from updates and personal posts on this topics and other forums if you care to read back . ATB

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

OK I'm making this public.

If this carries on I want no part. This petty bickering from both corners is non becoming! It shows us in a bad light, is non professional and simply put is pathetic.

I've said it before "work together" but seems to me the old mob don't want to.

Shroom

• Like 7

The meeting with AT needs to take place asap if only to stop the constant sniping. Even should the meeting be unproductive at least we can agree to disagree and move on , I am certain all want to bring about changes for the better so if AT is available what is his response to the invitation.

the meeting with Tim Bonner and the steering group went well they felt, were minutes taken of the meeting? What did Tim Bonner actually offer the lagbi? that is not being revealed yet?

Y.I.S Leeview

Hadn’t Trenchfoot answered that pages back?

Oh well it would take a while to find it for you so here’s a quote of the report sent to members of the steering group from him after the meeting.

“The meeting went very well. Tim was very responsive about the need to be seen to be doing more in support of lurchers (working and otherwise). He also admitted that LAGBI denouncing all the illegal, bad practice carried out by certain lurcher owners was also much needed and to by applauded.

As such, they are more than willing to have an article, which he has invited Penny to write on any thing she see's fit, to go in the CA quarterly magazine for its paid up members. He will also look to spread the word out to the general press, in hunting friendly areas, talking about legal aspects of lurcher work etc. This he would also look to extend to some of the shooting press, such as the shooting times so as to reach out to land owners, shooters and keepers etc.

Tim see's the role of the CA as a conduit for sharing and managing the supply of information between its members, the powers that be and the media/general public. As such any website of LAGBI, could act as a portal for the CA to share good practice/ news to and from the lurcher community. A link then could be set up between "our" website and theirs.”

I do struggle with these continued claims of cloak and dagger stuff you seem so pre occupied with leview lol.

right 2 of your steering group had a meeting with Tim Bonner of the CA 2 week back as mentioned above, no mention of the meeting until Friday evening :hmm: I'd of been crowing from the roof tops if that was the case. your steering group were all over on our profiles no problem with that, finally asked why? did they want to talk? they did want to talk to Alan Tyers? this was after he was dismissed by them in the locked thread after being told repeatedly by many that his input would be beneficial.

the phone rings and it was trenchfoot inquiring about Alan Tyers, quite along conversation and the phone was passed to myself to have a chat,now I'd spoken with Mushroom the previous evening and made a prediction, so here was my oppertunity to ask straight out "Did Tim Bonner say words to the effect that you need to speak with Alan Tyers as he is the representative voice for lurchers in here and the CoH" slight pause and then "well yes he did"

Would you like to confirm that?

Y.I.S Leeview

If you’re asking me then not that I’m aware no, as to the rest I'm not into crowing from roof tops just getting stuff done, I'm sorry but this continued stream of recriminations and accusations of secrets goings on is really showing us all in a pretty poor light.

If this carries on I want no part. This petty bickering from both corners is non becoming! It shows us in a bad light, is non professional and simply put is pathetic.

Shroom

Mush just over a month all this about a new club I e labgi came about and obviously a lot said and discused about it then all of a sudden a duplicate club throws it's hat into the ring, so obviously there guna be even more talk and " debate" come to the surface, it's normal it happens you've got expect debate in such maters, if your on for throwing the towel in at this stage at such trivial things then I can't see why youse want to be getting involved in such current organisations and long term goals lol..

Shroom

Mush just over a month all this about a new club I e labgi came about and obviously a lot said and discused about it then all of a sudden a duplicate club throws it's hat into the ring, so obviously there guna be even more talk and " debate" come to the surface, it's normal it happens you've got expect debate in such maters, if your on for throwing the towel in at this stage at such trivial things then I can't see why youse want to be getting involved in such current organisations and long term goals lol..

Got my professional reputation to think about! I have no problem being publicly associated with a reputable organisation.

In saying that all the accusations and pettiness is becoming ridiculous. And frankly puts anyone associated with it in a shall we say less sparkling light.

I've offered to organise an online meeting between all parties. I've offered solutions and all everyone comes back with is more pushing against. The old mob feel they have "the right" the new mob are unorganised and green (this obviously is not meant as a slight as we are new to this). In my eyes a merge of both the old knowledge and the new motivation is the obvious route to take, for others it's not.

So I'm not throwing the towel in as you say mate I'm qualifying myself out ;)

To both clubs surely it was never going to be easy getting involved with something like this especially something involving lurchers/owners in this current climate but good luck to both parties atb with it..

Edited by dodger
  • Like 4

One thing ive found is both groups seem quite self loving and rather ignorant to quite open questions and unless they feel it benefits them this very minute they dont care.

What questions if any have you had ignored , or could you hi light some that in your opinion have been ignored. You have made a very broad statement about your observations would you care to expand on them for the benefit of all interested parties?

Edited by desertbred

One thing ive found is both groups seem quite self loving and rather ignorant to quite open questions and unless they feel it benefits them this very minute they dont care.

South hams I have and will continue to happily answer any questions as far as I’m able, and if my memory serves me correctly I have offered you to contact me via facebook to that end in the past if you felt that a better method.