Further Update On New Lurcher Association

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

For anyone interested we have now given a progress update in the pinned post at the top of this section.

Anyone interested in being part of this please PM either Sandymere or Myself.

Cheers Rob

Name me one thing that joining this new/revamped lurcher association will directly benefit myself...?
It's an association to better our chosen sport and way of life.

Why does it need to directly benefit you?

That's a bit of a selfish outlook isn't it?

An association to better my chosen sport,well lets say lamping how will it improve that for me.

If i am paying yearly subscriptions i wouldnt mind seeing something for my money,and i dont mean a mug or t shirt.

Why is it selfish to not see any benefit directly to myself,,why join if no benefit.

Millions pay an annual subscription to charities, sponsor wild animals, sponsor kids in Africa. Etc Etc. What benefit do they get themselves? None.

Well I suppose they get the benefit of knowing that they are helping a good cause.

You would be supporting THE association that stands up for what you do.

Isn't that worth something?

If something isn't done then by 2020 we won't be able to run a rabbit on permission with a lurcher.

First of all i never said "whats in it for me",i asked how "it would benefit me" at no point did i mean financially ,,i attended many of the Association Of Lurchers pre ban events and hare coursing meetings and

was an active hare courser.The ALC was a really good benefit to everyone involved in organised legal hare coursing and Alan Tyrer did an exellent job.

I know Alan attended parliament to fight our corner more times than anyone knows,it was a big disappointment to see coursing abolished.

Great answer Gaz "you would be supporting the association that stands up for what you do",,,,,,,,,,i will rejoin,however things need to be done differently and loudly,

I could not believe when i was told there was no room at this years CLA gamefair for the lurchers,yet room for a hot tub or a holiday abroad,whats going on,we are being trod on thats what.,we need to have a big loud voice and be heard.

• Like 5

The only thing that's bugging me is there is no mention of lurchers in any of the CAs campaign pages

That was sorted by Penny and Trenchfoot when the met with them, they have already agreed to rectify that.
just shows you if it had been left . shows CA priorities they have to be approached! Edited by scottish lurcher

For anyone interested we have now given a progress update in the pinned post at the top of this section.

Anyone interested in being part of this please PM either Sandymere or Myself.

Cheers Rob

Name me one thing that joining this new/revamped lurcher association will directly benefit myself...?
It's an association to better our chosen sport and way of life.

Why does it need to directly benefit you?

That's a bit of a selfish outlook isn't it?

An association to better my chosen sport,well lets say lamping how will it improve that for me.

If i am paying yearly subscriptions i wouldnt mind seeing something for my money,and i dont mean a mug or t shirt.

Why is it selfish to not see any benefit directly to myself,,why join if no benefit.

Millions pay an annual subscription to charities, sponsor wild animals, sponsor kids in Africa. Etc Etc. What benefit do they get themselves? None.

Well I suppose they get the benefit of knowing that they are helping a good cause.

You would be supporting THE association that stands up for what you do.

Isn't that worth something?

If something isn't done then by 2020 we won't be able to run a rabbit on permission with a lurcher.

First of all i never said "whats in it for me",i asked how "it would benefit me" at no point did i mean financially ,,i attended many of the Association Of Lurchers pre ban events and hare coursing meetings and

was an active hare courser.The ALC was a really good benefit to everyone involved in organised legal hare coursing and Alan Tyrer did an exellent job.

I know Alan attended parliament to fight our corner more times than anyone knows,it was a big disappointment to see coursing abolished.

Great answer Gaz "you would be supporting the association that stands up for what you do",,,,,,,,,,i will rejoin,however things need to be done differently and loudly,

I could not believe when i was told there was no room at this years CLA gamefair for the lurchers,yet room for a hot tub or a holiday abroad,whats going on,we are being trod on thats what.,we need to have a big loud voice and be heard.

The what's in for me wasn't aimed at you.....just to clear it up

I'm sure they have been fighting SL but maybe not as much as they should have. I understand where your coming from but as far as I know the meeting with the CA went well and that's why the club has been resurrected. For me it's got to worth a punt.

• Like 1