Further Update On New Lurcher Association

For anyone interested we have now given a progress update in the pinned post at the top of this section.

Anyone interested in being part of this please PM either Sandymere or Myself.

Cheers Rob

Name me one thing that joining this new/revamped lurcher association will directly benefit myself...?

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

For anyone interested we have now given a progress update in the pinned post at the top of this section.

Cheers Rob

Name me one thing that joining this new/revamped lurcher association will directly benefit myself...?

It's an association to better our chosen sport and way of life.

Why does it need to directly benefit you?

That's a bit of a selfish outlook isn't it?

Cheers Rob

An association to better my chosen sport,well lets say lamping how will it improve that for me.

If i am paying yearly subscriptions i wouldnt mind seeing something for my money,and i dont mean a mug or t shirt.

Why is it selfish to not see any benefit directly to myself,,why join if no benefit.

• Like 1

Pointing no fingers, casting no blame, but wouldn't it be good if we could say to ourselves, "how can I help the type of dog that means so much to me?" Rather than asking 'What's in it for me?", couldn't we ask ourselves what WE can do to help save the lurcher as we know it. As a working dog, as part of a way of life that is now under threat.

I understand that modern society is all too often about egotistical viewpoints and selfish standpoints, but there are people out there in the world who have worked tirelessly for a cause, with no thought of gain for themselves. What about all the people who raise money for charities? And I don't mean the save the fluffy bunny charities, but real, worth while causes that ultimately affect millions of people.

If we all remain entrenched in our positions of "What's in it for me?" then there is no hope for either lurchers or humanity in general. Maybe some people don't care if our last freedoms are eroded, and that there is no hunting in the future, but some do care and will work to see a continuation of lurcher work, no matter how steep a hill this seems to be. Maybe some people don't care if the next generation of true hunters with dogs (not those with mindless slaughter in their empty heads and lives) lives to see the end of ferreting or lamping with lurchers.

I'm as selfish as the next person in many ways, but I do see the need for a united lurcher voice. Whether we can hold back the tide created by prejudice, bad practice, ignorance and neglect I don't know, but surely it's worth trying.

• Like 9

Cheers Rob

An association to better my chosen sport,well lets say lamping how will it improve that for me.

If i am paying yearly subscriptions i wouldnt mind seeing something for my money,and i dont mean a mug or t shirt.

Why is it selfish to not see any benefit directly to myself,,why join if no benefit.

I guess guys are trying to Appel the hunting ban ,or at the very least preserve the hunting act to allow us to carry on hunting with in the law . There is no one representing us and will be forgot about when new hunting laws come in to force , so would you still say this club is not needed ?
  • Like 1

Cheers Rob

Millions pay an annual subscription to charities, sponsor wild animals, sponsor kids in Africa. Etc Etc. What benefit do they get themselves? None.

Well I suppose they get the benefit of knowing that they are helping a good cause.

You would be supporting THE association that stands up for what you do.

Isn't that worth something?

If something isn't done then by 2020 we won't be able to run a rabbit on permission with a lurcher.

• Like 3

Selfishness led to this repugnant unenforceable ban being put into statute in the first place. Antis and lacs decided stop hundreds of thousands following generations long traditions be cause we dont like it. Tony Blair thought yes potential vote winner and it will distract peoples minds from the Middle East invasions. His wife who claims to be a champion of human rights and a international human rights lawyer remained silent may be for selfish financial reasons.Even Tony boy admitted it is a bad unenforceable legislation but when its been implemented and used to criminalise law abiding folk, his half arsed apology does not count for much. People want information straight forward no frills answers and the chance for a say in direction ,no one wants to be led by the nose with their ears plugged and eyes blindfolded that betrayed the lads pre 2004 whats the song "we wont get fooled again"

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 2

Pointing no fingers, casting no blame, but wouldn't it be good if we could say to ourselves, "how can I help the type of dog that means so much to me?" Rather than asking 'What's in it for me?", couldn't we ask ourselves what WE can do to help save the lurcher as we know it. As a working dog, as part of a way of life that is now under threat.

I understand that modern society is all too often about egotistical viewpoints and selfish standpoints, but there are people out there in the world who have worked tirelessly for a cause, with no thought of gain for themselves. What about all the people who raise money for charities? And I don't mean the save the fluffy bunny charities, but real, worth while causes that ultimately affect millions of people.

If we all remain entrenched in our positions of "What's in it for me?" then there is no hope for either lurchers or humanity in general. Maybe some people don't care if our last freedoms are eroded, and that there is no hunting in the future, but some do care and will work to see a continuation of lurcher work, no matter how steep a hill this seems to be. Maybe some people don't care if the next generation of true hunters with dogs (not those with mindless slaughter in their empty heads and lives) lives to see the end of ferreting or lamping with lurchers.

I'm as selfish as the next person in many ways, but I do see the need for a united lurcher voice. Whether we can hold back the tide created by prejudice, bad practice, ignorance and neglect I don't know, but surely it's worth trying.

No likes left..

But got to agree with all of that..

Well....I have seen this scenario 10 years ago in the Angling side of things...A group was started to try and protect are English Carp stocks...from illegal imports, they managed to get in front of people at parliamentary level, through the actions of a few very committed individuals and respect to them....but, IMO the reason why this group no longer exists, is apathy...and the what's in it for me, since then threats have changed... otters are now an issue to fisheries, without fencing. Good luck with your quest..

• Like 2

I agree with both Penny and DB, of course it's all about not being selfish and the bigger picture.

On here though there are always gonna be opinions, some very strong opinions! So i'm just hoping that those who are in the frame(s) to help are able to plough through for that greater good.

When all's said and done, if results are shown, it wont matter a jot whats been said by whome because i'm sure we'll all get behind it.... As long as there is a fecking 'it'... So keep on keeping on! ;)