Further Update On New Lurcher Association

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

So what is the membership fee for the awl?

A voice , you wont find anywhere else other then with Alan Tyler on the Council of Hunting, (COH ).

You will be kept up to date with whats happening, you can come to us with Your concerns and ideas,we will listen.

This started off as, "No one was fighting for Lurchers".

Each faction has its own voice we DID NOT, and we need the public to see, lurcher work in a positive light..

It won't be easy but its far better to try, than never try at all.

If we dont pick up the baton and run with it, we face loosing our heritage and the future of the working Lurcher/longdog will be all but lost.

There will be no profiteering and obviously there will be costs encured for the club.

The membership is less than a £1 month.

We will have a donation option should anyone wish to make a contribution but not join or they wish to give more.

We accept some people may have justifiable reservations..

We can only prove our worth in time.

Happy Hunting.

• Like 2

A voice , you wont find anywhere else other then with Alan Tyler on the Council of Hunting, (COH ).

You will be kept up to date with whats happening, you can come to us with Your concerns and ideas,we will listen.

Each faction has its own voice we DID NOT, and we need the public to see, lurcher work in a positive light..

If we dont pick up the baton and run with it, we face loosing our heritage and the future of the working Lurcher/longdog will be all but lost.

There will be no profiteering and obviously there will be costs encured for the club.

We will have a donation option should anyone wish to make a contribution but not join or they wish to give more.

Happy Hunting.

but you are using a club that has been in existence for years and then quote the above, i really do give up :laugh:

Happy Hunting.

but you are using a club that has been in existence for years and then quote the above, i really do give up :laugh:

They need a new spin doctor or script writer .

Everyone posted on here saying..

The working lurcher was not represented and felt the CA was not doing enough..

That's what's got things going..

The ALC lacked members, momentum & drive.

All of which has changed..

Don't give up Paul..

Rob already has..

We're here to answer geniuine questions..

Thanks for all the positive pms and intrest..

Its humbling to see the generosity of the members here..

Happy Hunting.

• Like 1

what's the plans if any to help the public see lurcher work in a better light?

There is a few avenues to explore..

We have to becareful that our good intentions are not misrepresented..

Obviously we will be thinking long hard before we commit to anything..

• Like 1

So there was an organisation which was doing its bit for lurchers but not all of us knew about it..

Now we do and a few lads are giving it some extra momentum, like I said before, who cares what it's called, as long as it's governed the right way.

At a quid a month I don't see what harm its going to do to any of us who enjoy a walk out with a lurcher getting behind it, maybe a little solidarity at last will make a difference..

goid luck to the lads that are putting the effort in..

• Like 4

So there was an organisation which was doing its bit for lurchers but not all of us knew about it..

Now we do and a few lads are giving it some extra momentum, like I said before, who cares what it's called, as long as it's governed the right way.

At a quid a month I don't see what harm its going to do to any of us who enjoy a walk out with a lurcher getting behind it, maybe a little solidarity at last will make a difference..

goid luck to the lads that are putting the effort in..

Thanks mate.

Ironic ???

One group set up and disbanded..

(Paulise, Darcy etc. )

A sterring group set up and met CA.

They've not submitted anything of any substance as of yet..

We liased with Tim Boner, submitted a article and are a reconised club with a seat on the hunting council..

To be honest mate..

When I thought which basket to put my egg in, it was a easy decision to make.

The steering group are hoping to speak with the chairman of the A.W.L as they want him on board..

Its all a bit confusing, if you've not followed it all closely..

• Like 1

For want of a better description I can think of one but lets call it misinformation and distortion of facts is going on, People have a modicum of sense and will wait to see what the truth of the matter is when all the facts are known not just believe anything anyone cares to write.,