Further Update On New Lurcher Association

Fuji seems cliques have formed which I have already said I want no part of.

I'm in for the way of life not glory. As I have said publicly IMO we should be working together.

And to point out I have no idea how I was elected. I offered my skills on open forum and was then msg'd with what I still believe was a good group. Plus I was understanding that AT was on board!

The guests reading this must be crying with laughter!

I suggest I set up a type of WebEx room meeting and we all get together with an agenda and bash out these problems ;)

Shroom

you were brought for holidays lol meetings in Spain lol
  • Like 2

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just to keep everybody up to date.   The meeting with The Countryside Alliance on Wednesday went really well. Tim Bonner has agreed that more needs to be done by them to publicly support lurcher wo

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

Common sense would've said to go with the Lurcher "club" that already had representation on the Council of Hunting rather than start a steering commitee of there own.   Sometimes people want to be i

Posted Images

Nothing like her older brother then.... :laugh:

Keenest young dog I've seen for many a year,talk about switched on but very sensible & obedient too,smart looking animal for sure Tomo

Fuji seems cliques have formed which I have already said I want no part of.

I'm in for the way of life not glory. As I have said publicly IMO we should be working together.

And to point out I have no idea how I was elected. I offered my skills on open forum and was then msg'd with what I still believe was a good group. Plus I was understanding that AT was on board!

The guests reading this must be crying with laughter!

I suggest I set up a type of WebEx room meeting and we all get together with an agenda and bash out these problems ;)

Shroom

you were brought for holidays lol meetings in Spain lol

It's an online meeting room mate ;)

Although meetings here could be a craic :laugh:

• Like 1

For the record, I have personally withdrawn from the LAGBI steering group as of NOW.

From the original post by Giro all i wanted to do was to help change something for the better.

That change has now started

My continued involvement serves only to irritate bad feeling caused by the split of the original group.

I wish the future of working lurcher and those striving to promote it all the best.

Rob

• Like 4

For the record, I have personally withdrawn from the LAGBI steering group as of NOW.

From the original post by Giro all i wanted to do was to help change something for the better.

My continued involvement serves only to irritate bad feeling caused by the split of the original group.

I wish the future of working lurcher and those striving to promote it all the best.

Rob

Your crazy Rob, I had You down as one of the good guys.

As i have stated else where, and it was my intention to remain silent until we ( hopefully) set up a meeting with Alan and Your steering group ,

Desertbred and Paulus are doing a great job of knocking down bridges that have been built.

I suggest You use some decorum, as Your peers are.

would that be the same decorum as that used to re brand and elect a committee without approaching the group that was already looking into starting a group, something that yourselves accused that group of doing without consulting yourselves, speaking for myself. what is the point in re instating a group that has consisted of one man for over 20 years that very few of the new generation of dog lads have ever even herd of, who you say has done so much for the last 20 years that we find our self still under represented and look upon as the dark sheep of the hunting world. where was this when the media was informing everyone that all lurcher work is illegal etc all over national tv and the press, where was this when the animal welfare bill was brought in so the rspca could use it in place of the hunting act to get lads banned for keeping dogs for life and extortionate kenneling and legal cost. google search shows nothing from the association since about 2000, i am sorry to say that a change and a united front is the only way to move forward the old ways never worked back then so why stick to them now. everybody wants the same thing as far as more representation goes but using the same old methods will only achieve what has happened in the past 20 or more years, a vote for change is a vote for the future :laugh:

Rob

Your crazy Rob, I had You down as one of the good guys.

Hi . There's always been better placed folk that me to go ahead with this. I never wanted a place on the committee of anything. Positive changes are starting to happen and that's a good thing for everyone.