Further Update On New Lurcher Association

Most people who get caught poaching or hunting 'other' quarry do so because of there own stupid actions, however it can and does happen to the best of us to some degree or another, and if the police/media are involved then any member of this group worth their salt would NOT draw any attention to their membership, you hold your hands up and accept the consequences, running to a club for help after you have f**cked up is not the way to go, you would just be drawing unnecessary negative attention to it.

I totally agree that an official association cannot be seen to condone law breaking of any kind or it will get no where near the goals we hope it will achieve.

If you have done nothing illegal but are being accused of it I'm sure the club would stand by you 100%

However it can and should openly condemn & criticize the pathetic laws that stand at this time.

JMO

Mick

• Like 5

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

What about lads with no permission and do a bit of poaching, would these be allowed in this club or are they being distanced?

wtf would you admit to poaching ? makes no sence atall to me do you get a badge of honour for admitting it/or is it like the boy scouts you sew a badge on your shirt sleeve madness//////////////
Who said anything about admitting anything? This thread is about putting questions out there to be answered. Not everybody is savvy when it comes to some stuff.

What about lads with no permission and do a bit of poaching your words not mine
So everybody who runs a Lurcher as permission to do so, now that would be nice.

You know exactly what I meant you just tried to twist it.

look chap im twiating nothing you wrote it not me ,now how smart is that eh? :blink:

What about lads with no permission and do a bit of poaching, would these be allowed in this club or are they being distanced?

wtf would you admit to poaching ? makes no sence atall to me do you get a badge of honour for admitting it/or is it like the boy scouts you sew a badge on your shirt sleeve madness//////////////
Who said anything about admitting anything? This thread is about putting questions out there to be answered. Not everybody is savvy when it comes to some stuff.

What about lads with no permission and do a bit of poaching your words not mine
So everybody who runs a Lurcher as permission to do so, now that would be nice.

You know exactly what I meant you just tried to twist it.

look chap im twiating nothing you wrote it not me ,now how smart is that eh? :blink:
What I'm getting at before you got all pedantic is that there is people with no permission who like to run there dog, now going by the code of conduct then they're not welcome in this club because they'll be breaking said code.

Theres also the one dog rule, the law says you can use 2 dogs so why one dog in the code of conduct?

• Like 2

the "one dog rule" is not a rule, but a recommendation. The main point is that you work your dogs within the current laws.

It sounds all well and good and I wish you all the best with it but I'll not be signing up.

Good luck with it and atb.

I'm really surprised at people picking at the code of conduct, it's a guide ffs.......do people really expect to have a rule for respectable poaching to follow? Haha...

It's like turning up for your driving test & picking at the Highway Code haha.........just go with the flow lads & show your support, it's a numbers game after all, isn't it?

Atb with it all....

• Like 9

I'm really surprised at people picking at the code of conduct, it's a guide ffs.......do people really expect to have a rule for respectable poaching to follow? Haha...

It's like turning up for your driving test & picking at the Highway Code haha.........just go with the flow lads & show your support, it's a numbers game after all, isn't it?

Atb with it all....

I hope the people moving this forward are ignoring the negativity from the people who are doing nowt and continue to push this forward we will see once it starts to build membership who actually gives a shit and who doesn't. Taking digs at the ideas and people moving this forward is sad considering that their the ones using their own time to help hunting with dogs for all of us.

• Like 3

Atb with it all....

Well said and very good analogy using the Highway Code.

Most of us get our toe down late at night if the roads are quiet. But you don't say "I'm not doing my driving test, I want to do 40mph in a 30 zone". Lol.

As said it's a guide. And we all must stay within the law. As we do when driving at all times ?

• Like 2

Atb with it all....

Most of us get our toe down late at night if the roads are quiet. But you don't say "I'm not doing my driving test, I want to do 40mph in a 30 zone". Lol.

As said it's a guide. And we all must stay within the law. As we do when driving at all times

I think that's the way to go about it Gaz, it just requires a bit of common sense which unfortunately its not all that common. :laugh:

Atb with it all....

As said it's a guide. And we all must stay within the law. As we do when driving at all times

I think that's the way to go about it Gaz, it just requires a bit of common sense which unfortunately its not all that common. :laugh:

You mean like the time when I posted pics of "shot and retrieved hares" in the lurcher section. Which my lurcher legally flushed and retrieved. And I got a barrage of abuse for shooting hares. Lol.

• Like 1

Atb with it all....

You mean like the time when I posted pics of "shot and retrieved hares" in the lurcher section. Which my lurcher legally flushed and retrieved. And I got a barrage of abuse for shooting hares. Lol.

Dont think saw that but sounds about right :laugh:

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be formed, defences prepared etc. When someone critiques what you are doing, and your only response is to call them sad or have a go at them. . . . . it just makes you seem weak and unsure of your position.

I'd really like to support something like this, I think lurcher ownership gets portrayed in a terrible light. Its mostly down to the idiots and fools. . . . . but there are an awful lot of them, and a lot of damage has already been done.

What I question is - if this new lurcher group / authority, wishes to distance itself from illegal actions (i.e breaking the hunting ban etc) then what happens when one of its members or rather its 'council' gets caught doing so. . . . . is that not just going to throw dispersion on the whole thing? Or are all members and commitee members going to stay whiter than white? People will be looking for wrong doing, because thats what happens when you put yourself in the lime light.

Also, If someone like me is caught breaking the law, does that mean that for the 'good of the cause' i'd be thrown to the wolves? And grouped together with the complete idiots who are the cause of much of the bad press in the beginning?

I just want to know that this thing is well thought through, and has best intentions at heart. . . . . before I support it. Too many of these kind of things go off half cocked and end up with people looking daft or just being totally irrelevant and ineffective.

If by questioning these things rather than just saying lots of empty positive comments on an internet forum. . . . . . I'm sad. Then so be it!

• Like 11

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be formed, defences prepared etc. When someone critiques what you are doing, and your only response is to call them sad or have a go at them. . . . . it just makes you seem weak and unsure of your position.

I'd really like to support something like this, I think lurcher ownership gets portrayed in a terrible light. Its mostly down to the idiots and fools. . . . . but there are an awful lot of them, and a lot of damage has already been done.

What I question is - if this new lurcher group / authority, wishes to distance itself from illegal actions (i.e breaking the hunting ban etc) then what happens when one of its members or rather its 'council' gets caught doing so. . . . . is that not just going to throw dispersion on the whole thing? Or are all members and commitee members going to stay whiter than white? People will be looking for wrong doing, because thats what happens when you put yourself in the lime light.

Also, If someone like me is caught breaking the law, does that mean that for the 'good of the cause' i'd be thrown to the wolves? And grouped together with the complete idiots who are the cause of much of the bad press in the beginning?

I just want to know that this thing is well thought through, and has best intentions at heart. . . . . before I support it. Too many of these kind of things go off half cocked and end up with people looking daft or just being totally irrelevant and ineffective.

If by questioning these things rather than just saying lots of empty positive comments on an internet forum. . . . . . I'm sad. Then so be it!

Very good post. And I honestly hadnt thought about that.

It's so easy to find yourself up in court with how strict this hunting ban is. Hunting accidents do and will continue to happen. Someone will be sat waiting for a member of the comittee or assosciation to make a "wrong turn" as it were.

What then?

I've been up in court myself, accused (wrongly of course) of poaching. But people never hear the "wrongly accused" bit. Or the "case thrown out". That never gets printed in the local paper.

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:25 PM

I have been reading the posts on this subject and have been through all this ground prior to the Hunting Act, then it was done through the National Lurcher and Racing Club and The Association of Lurcher Clubs, The ALC was the Lurcher Organisation the Countryside Alliance recognised as the main representative of Luchers with them and the Council of Hunting. Many of the Countryside Alliance County Committees had a Lurcher Representative as the local voice for Lurchers. During this time a Lurcher Submission was also produced for the ALC by a member (Which can be found online) in the defence of Lurcher work, this was part of the Inquiry into Hunting with Dogs.

For any new organisation to be accepted by the other COH members it needs to be a proper structured club, with rules and a constitution, also for its members to abide by the rules and hunt within the Hunting Act, including poaching tresspass etc otherwise they wont be taken seriously or accepted. I also think that Alan Tyers would be a valuable member of any Committee with his experience, parliamentary knowledge and past history, after all this will be new ground for all new steering groups or committee. Also you might do well by contacting all the main Lurcher Clubs to enter discussions and for their support, you will need them on side.

On the negative side the CA and Masters of Foxhounds Associations etc never wanted Lurcher people before all the Hunting Ban was discussed in Parliament back in the 1990's, they suddenly did to swell numbers on marches and for lobbying MP's etc, all recent discussions of a repeal of the Hunting Act has only mentioned hunting with hounds....be aware and keep you eye on the ball, good luck with the venture.

• Like 5

If by questioning these things rather than just saying lots of empty positive comments on an internet forum. . . . . . I'm sad. Then so be it

The only "sad" question is the one not asked. You're right to ask.

The new association , to be taken seriously, HAS to recommend working within any current law. That does not mean it agrees with the laws nor does it mean it will not campaign to repeal / amend such laws.

• Like 3