Further Update On New Lurcher Association

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

I am PROPER confused.

It all seems a little ironic?

I was proper confused by all the acronyms.. Not just the different groups but start throwing initials in and it started to become the krypton factor for me.. Lol

Hopefully there will be one clear group who you can choose to get behind or not, depending on wether you want to be represented by them or not....

One potential issue is that this whole saga doesn't exactly show us as a united and organised force. . . . . . .

If we are not careful it will look like we are a bunch of disorganised muppets who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery or agree on owt. . . .

It also has a vague air of the cloak and dagger and a certain amount of self importance.

I fully accept that these things always have teething problems and a few issues at the start.

Lets just hope that now you've started this thing, all involved parties can sit down, have a chat and work out what is the best and strongest way to progress with it all for the good of us all . . . . .

• Like 10

I am PROPER confused.

It all seems a little ironic?

I was proper confused by all the acronyms.. Not just the different groups but start throwing initials in and it started to become the krypton factor for me.. Lol

Hopefully there will be one clear group who you can choose to get behind or not, depending on wether you want to be represented by them or not....

One potential issue is that this whole saga doesn't exactly show us as a united and organised force. . . . . . .

If we are not careful it will look like we are a bunch of disorganised muppets who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery or agree on owt. . . .

It also has a vague air of the cloak and dagger and a certain amount of self importance.

I fully accept that these things always have teething problems and a few issues at the start.

Lets just hope that now you've started this thing, all involved parties can sit down, have a chat and work out what is the best and strongest way to progress with it all for the good of us all . . . . .

Have to agree really.......after all it is just about working lurchers.....not NATO haha..... Edited by Accip74
  • Like 2

Everyone posted on here saying..

The working lurcher was not represented and felt the CA was not doing enough..

That's what's got things going..

The ALC lacked members, momentum & drive.

All of which has changed..

Don't give up Paul..

Rob already has..

We're here to answer geniuine questions..

Thanks for all the positive pms and intrest..

Its humbling to see the generosity of the members here..

Happy Hunting.

Just for the record Steve, I've far from given up. I stated from the beginning that i did not want to be on any committee. I stuck to what I said. My withdrawal from the steering group is for my personal reasons and in no part due to any lack of commitment to the cause of the promotion of the working lurcher. To state that i've given up is incorrect. If you want to know why i've withdrawn. please pm me and ask rather than assume and refrain from making comments based on assumption and stick to facts

• Like 3

what's the plans if any to help the public see lurcher work in a better light?

There is a few avenues to explore..

We have to becareful that our good intentions are not misrepresented..

Obviously we will be thinking long hard before we commit to anything..

Oh that old chestnut haha you don't have any do you come on admit it ? Haha atb all-terrain

Have you ever played cards mate ??

Things with media & average Joes could go badly wrong if we don't tread carefully..

We are not here to make things up..

If we dont deliver we will look as daft as some think we are..

Give us a bit of time..

• Like 2

Everyone posted on here saying..

The working lurcher was not represented and felt the CA was not doing enough..

That's what's got things going..

The ALC lacked members, momentum & drive.

All of which has changed..

Don't give up Paul..

Rob already has..

We're here to answer geniuine questions..

Thanks for all the positive pms and intrest..

Its humbling to see the generosity of the members here..

Happy Hunting.

Just for the record Steve, I've far from given up. I stated from the beginning that i did not want to be on any committee. I stuck to what I said. My withdrawal from the steering group is for my personal reasons and in no part due to any lack of commitment to the cause of the promotion of the working lurcher. To state that i've given up is incorrect. If you want to know why i've withdrawn. please pm me and ask rather than assume and refrain from making comments based on assumption and stick to facts
Sorry, that I misinterpreted your resignation, for you giving up..

Your private life's your private life..

You have no need to explain yourself to me or anyone..

All the best for the future..

Edited by Giro

I'd really love to back a club like this as I do think Lurchers get a really bad name (however some of the idiots that own them it's no wonder really). If you want to be acknowledged and not be portrayed as - to put it nicely, a total tosser - you have to show willing to adhere to guidelines set in place by said organisation. I've seen some posts about legal help if it's needed? If you adhering to the guidelines suggested and only taking legal quarry (I am aware accidents happen, wrong place wrong time, happens to everyone) then yes I am more than happy for my subs to aid someone's legal help. HOWEVER a huge thing that needs to be looked at is how many people won't adhere to guidelines set in place but still expect the legal service. I for one would not be happy for my subs to be used to help someone who's been doing something they shouldn't on land they don't have a right to be on. If we were to start protecting those that break the rules then the group will be looked upon as total idiots. If us Lurcher lot want respect we have to show respect to others. I'm in a terrier club as well and people do follow the guidelines and therefore have earned the respect

I think this is a really good idea and love to be apart of it. Might be a good idea to set up a website with more information and a generic set of initial guidelines. Make it look professional so the countryside alliance sit up and take some notice.

• Like 1

The websites almost complete mate..

Unfortunately the membership fee of £11 annually, is to cover the cost and up keep of the club.

By joining the Countryside Alliance members are covered by their insurance.

This is not a get out of jail card either.

This would cover individuals who were hunting lawfully, on land where they has permission.

We've already a crewed some members and I've sent details to several other intrested people.

What I've suggested for now is to hang fire with the subs, until the webssites live with a electronic payment option.

Not only will this reduce our carbon footprint.

It would keep costs down for the members and obviously the club.

Check out the facebook..

https://m.(!64.56:886/profile.php?id=342517515297

There are a few more details there and give us a like and a share.

Thanks for your input and intrest about the Association of working lurcher/ longdogs ( AWL ).

Some potential members have stated they will not comit untill, they see some joint working with the Countryside Alliance (CA).

Watch this space..

Happy Hunting.

Edited by Giro
  • Like 2

The websites almost complete mate..

Unfortunately the membership fee of £11 annually, is to cover the cost and up keep of the club.

By joining the Countryside Alliance members are covered by their insurance.

This is not a get out of jail card either.

This would cover individuals who were hunting lawfully, on land where they has permission.

We've already a crewed some members and I've sent details to several other intrested people.

What I've suggested for now is to hang fire with the subs, until the webssites live with a electronic payment option.

Not only will this reduce our carbon footprint.

It would keep costs down for the members and obviously the club.

Check out the facebook.. https://m.(!64.56:886/profile.php?id=342517515297

There are a few more details there and give us a like and a share.

Thanks for your input and intrest about the Association of working lurcher/ longdogs ( AWL ).

Some potential members have stated they will not comit untill, they see some joint working with the Countryside Alliance (CA).

Watch this space..

Happy Hunting.

Sorry for bein thick mate but when the request for subs will be in place will it be a joint payment ie the country side alliance and awl or will lads have to make two separate payments to both..

No need to apologise mate.

It's two separate payments..

A lot of folk are emailing and pming regarding wanting to join..

Hang fire with any payments till the Web sites fully functional.

https://m.(!64.56:886/CraigMcCannPhotography

This lads heading up the media side of things.

Give him a like and a share on Facebook.

His work is outstanding..

Thanks for the folks that are getting behind this.

Thanks for the offers of help and donations towards the club.

Id like to think before 2020 we will either be hunting as we were before the ban or with some additional amendments.

This is ours to fight for..

Edited by Giro
  • Like 2

Ok and for those that don't know how much is the membership fee for the c a and I assume then that being a member of your club will then reduce the c a fee if enough joined therefore the membership to awl will of payed for it's self will it not..

Edited by dodger
  • Like 1

I have been following this with great interest, and it might be better to remove this .Until there is more info like price for joining club what the club is going to do moving forward ,who they will be linked to or associated and who the members are and their roles with in the club . And how paying members can vote for the ideas of the club and what steps it will take so every motion will be voted on so no one is left out .

Edited by scottish lurcher