Further Update On New Lurcher Association

As i have stated else where, and it was my intention to remain silent until we ( hopefully) set up a meeting with Alan and Your steering group ,

Desertbred and Paulus are doing a great job of knocking down bridges that have been built.

I suggest You use some decorum, as Your peers are.

would that be the same decorum as that used to re brand and elect a committee without approaching the group that was already looking into starting a group, something that yourselves accused that group of doing without consulting yourselves, speaking for myself. what is the point in re instating a group that has consisted of one man for over 20 years that very few of the new generation of dog lads have ever even herd of, who you say has done so much for the last 20 years that we find our self still under represented and look upon as the dark sheep of the hunting world. where was this when the media was informing everyone that all lurcher work is illegal etc all over national tv and the press, where was this when the animal welfare bill was brought in so the rspca could use it in place of the hunting act to get lads banned for keeping dogs for life and extortionate kenneling and legal cost. google search shows nothing from the association since about 2000, i am sorry to say that a change and a united front is the only way to move forward the old ways never worked back then so why stick to them now. everybody wants the same thing as far as more representation goes but using the same old methods will only achieve what has happened in the past 20 or more years, a vote for change is a vote for the future :laugh:

Well, Well, At last after nearly twenty years the dragon awakes. the Association of Lurcher Clubs is accepted by both the Countryside Alliance and the Council of Hunting Associations as the governing body for Lurcher/Longdog work. As Chairman of the Association I sit on the board of the Council of Hunting Associations on whose behalf I have attended meetings in the House of Commons and At the head office of the Countryside Alliance in Kennington road in London and have direct contact with the Countryside Alliance.

Before the Ban the Association of Lurcher Clubs (ALC) was one of the biggest hunting associations affiliated to the Council of Hunting Associations, (CHA) One of the reasons for it's popularity was the "Forley Cup" which brought coursing men/women from all parts of the country to test their Longdogs in the biggest and hardest competition for coursing Lurchers the coursing world had ever known. The competition and membership fees enabled the ALC to take the fight for hunting with Lurchers to the forefront against the hunting ban. We along with other hunting associations lost.

After the ban was put in place, membership of all the forms of hunting suffered. We, the ALC most of all. Since 2004 I have done the best that I could with no club income. I have attended every CLA and Midland Game Fairs at my own expence, with a display within the Countryside Alliance marque, promoting the repeal of the hunting ban with special interest for the Lurcher/Longdog owner. In short, you already have a organisation that is already in a position and has the contacts to represent the working Lurcher/Longdog Hunter.

As I have stated I attended the CLA Game Fair to represent Lurcher work for twenty years, and yet, this year I found that my attendance was not needed!! I went any way and spoke to Tim Bonner who stated that due to cut backs the marquee was smaller and there was no room. I stood by the massive stall selling various Items and wondered If this was the truth of the matter.

There you have it. The Association stands ready to do your wishes, But the ALC needs Membership and finance. If there are enough of you that really want to fight let me know and I will organise a venue for a meeting. So come on stand and be counted.

Alan Tyer

Chairman

Association of Lurcher Clubs.

from the locked topic

Your obviously speaking for the lagbi as no one has stated your right or wrong from the steering committee :hmm:

Why are they so keen to speak to AT if hes done as little as you claim? Could they need him? What did Tim Bonner say to them and what did he offer to lagbi?

AT submitted the AWL article several weeks prior to the meeting with TB to the CMW would it have made any difference if it had been published earlier?

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 1

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

As i have stated else where, and it was my intention to remain silent until we ( hopefully) set up a meeting with Alan and Your steering group ,

Desertbred and Paulus are doing a great job of knocking down bridges that have been built.

would that be the same decorum as that used to re brand and elect a committee without approaching the group that was already looking into starting a group, something that yourselves accused that group of doing without consulting yourselves, speaking for myself. what is the point in re instating a group that has consisted of one man for over 20 years that very few of the new generation of dog lads have ever even herd of, who you say has done so much for the last 20 years that we find our self still under represented and look upon as the dark sheep of the hunting world. where was this when the media was informing everyone that all lurcher work is illegal etc all over national tv and the press, where was this when the animal welfare bill was brought in so the rspca could use it in place of the hunting act to get lads banned for keeping dogs for life and extortionate kenneling and legal cost. google search shows nothing from the association since about 2000, i am sorry to say that a change and a united front is the only way to move forward the old ways never worked back then so why stick to them now. everybody wants the same thing as far as more representation goes but using the same old methods will only achieve what has happened in the past 20 or more years, a vote for change is a vote for the future :laugh:

Well, Well, At last after nearly twenty years the dragon awakes. the Association of Lurcher Clubs is accepted by both the Countryside Alliance and the Council of Hunting Associations as the governing body for Lurcher/Longdog work. As Chairman of the Association I sit on the board of the Council of Hunting Associations on whose behalf I have attended meetings in the House of Commons and At the head office of the Countryside Alliance in Kennington road in London and have direct contact with the Countryside Alliance.

Before the Ban the Association of Lurcher Clubs (ALC) was one of the biggest hunting associations affiliated to the Council of Hunting Associations, (CHA) One of the reasons for it's popularity was the "Forley Cup" which brought coursing men/women from all parts of the country to test their Longdogs in the biggest and hardest competition for coursing Lurchers the coursing world had ever known. The competition and membership fees enabled the ALC to take the fight for hunting with Lurchers to the forefront against the hunting ban. We along with other hunting associations lost.

After the ban was put in place, membership of all the forms of hunting suffered. We, the ALC most of all. Since 2004 I have done the best that I could with no club income. I have attended every CLA and Midland Game Fairs at my own expence, with a display within the Countryside Alliance marque, promoting the repeal of the hunting ban with special interest for the Lurcher/Longdog owner. In short, you already have a organisation that is already in a position and has the contacts to represent the working Lurcher/Longdog Hunter.

As I have stated I attended the CLA Game Fair to represent Lurcher work for twenty years, and yet, this year I found that my attendance was not needed!! I went any way and spoke to Tim Bonner who stated that due to cut backs the marquee was smaller and there was no room. I stood by the massive stall selling various Items and wondered If this was the truth of the matter.

There you have it. The Association stands ready to do your wishes, But the ALC needs Membership and finance. If there are enough of you that really want to fight let me know and I will organise a venue for a meeting. So come on stand and be counted.

Alan Tyer

Chairman

from the locked topic

Your obviously speaking for the lagbi as no one has stated your right or wrong from the steering committee :hmm:

Why are they so keen to speak to AT if hes done as little as you claim? Could they need him? What did Tim Bonner say to them and what did he offer to lagbi?

AT submitted the AWL article several weeks prior to the meeting with TB to the CMW would it have made any difference if it had been published earlier?

Y.I.S Leeview

You just don't seem to understand my point, all above is very well and good. commendable and all that, but the fact is the ALC as it is now has been one man for decades as he stated himself in the other post. Now we are expected to believe that this will be the Savior of the working lurcher. again as said above, seats on this council and that council for decades, one man, no membership but again this club is going to save the working lurcher. i speak for myself and am behold-ant to no committee. if the ALC is so close to the CA Tim Bonner than how is it even he feels that the working lurcher is under represented? please tell me how this club will make any more difference now than it has in the past, bear in mind you have used all the existing features and people of a club nobody wanted to be a member of since about 2005, If your hammer is insufficient then get a bigger hammer as hammering away with the old one will only succeed in giving you blisters and a bad head.

Alan Tyer

Chairman

from the locked topic

Y.I.S Leeview

As you are aware, I have withdrawn from the LAGBI steering committee and really wanted to see the best progress made. There are plenty of lads who are only just coming on to read this topic and you just can't stay out of it can you ? All the while causing trouble. You sit on the committee of the AWL and you come on spouting like you do ? You should have more common sense and decorum. You are a f***ing PR disaster for the organisation you represent

• Like 1

Always been the problem with fieldsports, arguing amongst ourselves about things as if we dont agree with hunting almost and the problem is we as lurcher owners have the problem not only with others but each other. Shooters dislike 'their' deer being taken by lurchers, fox hunters dont like lurchers taking foxes, gamekeepers dis like us and then we have daywalkers not wanting us touching their hares.

very true .our own worst enemy , keep quiet and just do my thing .its worked for me for 40 odd years so ill carry on :thumbs:

• Like 1

Rob isnt Alan Tyer available after the 26th? today is 24 so why not wait to talk with the Captain instead of the crew, Didnt Alan Tyer make some reasonable offers of assistance to LAGBI at the outset,? He seems to have a brain to see the benefits of fresh blood and maybe he has realised lack of the right support in the past may have created problems rather than solving them. Why not let him address LAGBI direct to see if he is of the same frame of mind its only 1 more day isnt it. :thumbs:

It's all to political for the likes of me if I'm honest,I'm happy to do what I do,where I do,when I do,on my own,I'm a loner and I'm happy with that..good luck to all who are prepared to give their time in whatever it is exactly that they are trying to put across in regards to putting the lurcher/work in a better light across to the general public ?

It's all to political for the likes of me if I'm honest,I'm happy to do what I do,where I do,when I do,on my own,I'm a loner and I'm happy with that..good luck to all who are prepared to give their time in whatever it is exactly that they are trying to put across in regards to putting the lurcher/work in a better light across to the general public

Can't see how they'l put us in a better light myself by puttin hunting pics up especially coursing ones the uneducated general public just don't see what we see simple n not sure that's a good startin point n for feck sake ope they don't go puttin up any doubled up pics on rabbits lol

Edited by dodger
  • Like 2

Cheers giro, had found the right page. Was looking at the rules and it says about being both a member of awl and CA, why are they separate?

They are two separate organisations mate.

The AWL support the CA.

We will be working together..

We have shared aspersions..

Hopefully together,we can give the members / potential members what they are asking for..

We can't change anything over night , hopefully in time, people's confidence will grow in what we wish to achieve.

There has been two groups of people with a shared goal .

We chose different paths.

Some folks are not onside with this, that's their perogative.

We will continue with what we've started.

We will defend lurchers and hopefully percerve our way of life.

Andy I've had a similar ethos to yourself for many a year..

Tucked away, I have my sport.

As the law stands at this time, I can work lawfully within the act..

If the labour party and their SNP Allies have their way. They could have all hunting with dogs destain for the history books.

Obviously when the chips are down and the powers to be are thrashing it out..

We'll have our voice..

We can't guarantee anything, other than we will make the best efforts we can...

Happy Hunting. .

• Like 4