Further Update On New Lurcher Association

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

This might sound completely off topic, but yesterday evening I saw Malala Yousafzai on TV, and she was saying that she had been able to forgive the man who had shot and nearly killed her, because she wanted to show people that nothing is achieved by revenge and bitterness.

Now, if a girl who was nearly killed can do this, why the hell can't we lurcher people learn to forgive the past errors made by all of us. Life shouldn't be about being scared to make mistakes; it should be about learning from past mistakes, admitting them and moving forward. If we simply carry on going round and round in ever decreasing circles spouting venom and hate at each other. There is not one of us who is perfect, and although this might sound trite, we could all do with a good dose of humility and own up to our own faults and bloody well learn to listen to what others have to say without trying to twist the knife in an open wound.

There is no shame in having messed up in the past. It is what we do NOW that counts. To me, if someone is unable or unwilling to forgive the errors in another person or organisation, it means they are scared of owning up to their own perceived faults and errors. Can we not be big enough to put aside the pettiness and work towards a common cause?

• Like 8

This might sound completely off topic, but yesterday evening I saw Malala Yousafzai on TV, and she was saying that she had been able to forgive the man who had shot and nearly killed her, because she wanted to show people that nothing is achieved by revenge and bitterness.

Now, if a girl who was nearly killed can do this, why the hell can't we lurcher people learn to forgive the past errors made by all of us. Life shouldn't be about being scared to make mistakes; it should be about learning from past mistakes, admitting them and moving forward. If we simply carry on going round and round in ever decreasing circles spouting venom and hate at each other. There is not one of us who is perfect, and although this might sound trite, we could all do with a good dose of humility and own up to our own faults and bloody well learn to listen to what others have to say without trying to twist the knife in an open wound.

There is no shame in having messed up in the past. It is what we do NOW that counts. To me, if someone is unable or unwilling to forgive the errors in another person or organisation, it means they are scared of owning up to their own perceived faults and errors. Can we not be big enough to put aside the pettiness and work towards a common cause?

Good post..

As very much an "average Joe" who happens to enjoy the odd walk out with a lurcher, I was really pleased to see people willing to give up their own time and money for the good of the rest of us "average joes"... Problem is I've no idea what this bickering is about... Egos???

I hope I'm reading between the line correctly and there is going to be some type of commitee representing lurchers and lurcher work, regardless of the name or acronyms it is know as...

I had never heard of the old lurcher club as like most of the lads I know, we just keep our heads down and enjoy a walk out... At least through this web site and a couple of lads willing to put a bit of effort into it there's a few more people that were/are willing to help out if needs be...

• Like 3

Losing a face to face battle, fine, the better man won. Stabbed in the back, dishonourable, and unforgivable, no trust can ever be afforded to that friend again.

I'm sorry mate, this is what I mean... I may be alone in this but I dint know the history of the politics so I dint know who stabbed who in the back or why???

I'm probably a bit thick but I don't think I'm the only one on here who has no idea why there is any kind of ill feeling amongst, groups or people that ate supposed to be fighting the same battle..??

I have no clue, was waiting on jb to update me on this roman play, haha

Well Joe, that's 2 of us that have admitted we haven't a clue what's going on... Anyone else want to join our club? Lol

• Like 1

Losing a face to face battle, fine, the better man won. Stabbed in the back, dishonourable, and unforgivable, no trust can ever be afforded to that friend again.

I'm sorry mate, this is what I mean... I may be alone in this but I dint know the history of the politics so I dint know who stabbed who in the back or why???

I'm probably a bit thick but I don't think I'm the only one on here who has no idea why there is any kind of ill feeling amongst, groups or people that ate supposed to be fighting the same battle..??

I'm the same mate, I have nothing to do with clubs on the whole because of this type of crap, I don't understand the back stabbing amongst fellow members, and don't want to. Like you, I just get on with my end of things, and enjoy what I do. Can't give you a like NK, ran out already mate. :laugh:

• Like 1

good luck to all those trying to promote Lurcher work in a good light .....unfortunately the tide is against them...we carnt every agree/stand by each other so how are we ever going to have a chance to get others to agree with us about Lurcher work .....

good luck to all those trying to promote Lurcher work in a good light .....unfortunately the tide is against them...we carnt every agree/stand by each other so how are we ever going to have a chance to get others to agree with us about Lurcher work .....

In a nutshell...

In a nutshell...

:thumbs:

Always been the problem with fieldsports, arguing amongst ourselves about things as if we dont agree with hunting almost and the problem is we as lurcher owners have the problem not only with others but each other. Shooters dislike 'their' deer being taken by lurchers, fox hunters dont like lurchers taking foxes, gamekeepers dis like us and then we have daywalkers not wanting us touching their hares.

• Like 1

Always been the problem with fieldsports, arguing amongst ourselves about things as if we dont agree with hunting almost and the problem is we as lurcher owners have the problem not only with others but each other. Shooters dislike 'their' deer being taken by lurchers, fox hunters dont like lurchers taking foxes, gamekeepers dis like us and then we have daywalkers not wanting us touching their hares.

Very true mate look at the coursing boys there the first ones to giv it the whole " lamping hares is wrong and cruel" then there's the shooters giving it " deer should be shot not coursed" how can we change the mind of are enemies when are enemies are with are own ranks....country sport should be praised and protected for all aspects be it fishg lamping shooting daytime hare coursing daytime deer coursing when should stand to get her as a united force to help get the hunting ban abolished.....not blame it on others by preaching about said chosen sport and penalising another