Further Update On New Lurcher Association

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

For the record, I have personally withdrawn from the LAGBI steering group as of NOW.

From the original post by Giro all i wanted to do was to help change something for the better.

That change has now started

My continued involvement serves only to irritate bad feeling caused by the split of the original group.

I wish the future of working lurcher and those striving to promote it all the best.

Rob

Your crazy Rob, I had You down as one of the good guys.

As i have stated else where, and it was my intention to remain silent until we ( hopefully) set up a meeting with Alan and Your steering group ,

Desertbred and Paulus are doing a great job of knocking down bridges that have been built.

I suggest You use some decorum, as Your peers are.

would that be the same decorum as that used to re brand and elect a committee without approaching the group that was already looking into starting a group, something that yourselves accused that group of doing without consulting yourselves, speaking for myself. what is the point in re instating a group that has consisted of one man for over 20 years that very few of the new generation of dog lads have ever even herd of, who you say has done so much for the last 20 years that we find our self still under represented and look upon as the dark sheep of the hunting world. where was this when the media was informing everyone that all lurcher work is illegal etc all over national tv and the press, where was this when the animal welfare bill was brought in so the rspca could use it in place of the hunting act to get lads banned for keeping dogs for life and extortionate kenneling and legal cost. google search shows nothing from the association since about 2000, i am sorry to say that a change and a united front is the only way to move forward the old ways never worked back then so why stick to them now. everybody wants the same thing as far as more representation goes but using the same old methods will only achieve what has happened in the past 20 or more years, a vote for change is a vote for the future :laugh:

For the record, I have personally withdrawn from the LAGBI steering group as of NOW.

From the original post by Giro all i wanted to do was to help change something for the better.

My continued involvement serves only to irritate bad feeling caused by the split of the original group.

I wish the future of working lurcher and those striving to promote it all the best.

Rob

Hi . There's always been better placed folk that me to go ahead with this. I never wanted a place on the committee of anything. Positive changes are starting to happen and that's a good thing for everyone.

Rob

slightly contradictory isnt Dewclaw Rob ?

"dewclaw and sandymere have asked to speak with the AWLL they declined and will continue to discuss with trenchfoot and Skycat until such time that AT decides if a meeting is beneficial"

Y.I.S Leeview

Edited by desertbred

As i have stated else where, and it was my intention to remain silent until we ( hopefully) set up a meeting with Alan and Your steering group ,

Desertbred and Paulus are doing a great job of knocking down bridges that have been built.

would that be the same decorum as that used to re brand and elect a committee without approaching the group that was already looking into starting a group, something that yourselves accused that group of doing without consulting yourselves, speaking for myself. what is the point in re instating a group that has consisted of one man for over 20 years that very few of the new generation of dog lads have ever even herd of, who you say has done so much for the last 20 years that we find our self still under represented and look upon as the dark sheep of the hunting world. where was this when the media was informing everyone that all lurcher work is illegal etc all over national tv and the press, where was this when the animal welfare bill was brought in so the rspca could use it in place of the hunting act to get lads banned for keeping dogs for life and extortionate kenneling and legal cost. google search shows nothing from the association since about 2000, i am sorry to say that a change and a united front is the only way to move forward the old ways never worked back then so why stick to them now. everybody wants the same thing as far as more representation goes but using the same old methods will only achieve what has happened in the past 20 or more years, a vote for change is a vote for the future :laugh:

I am not currently connected with any of the two groups but I have some history and posted the following earlier, I would like to add a bit of history to the debate, after reading comments by the younger members about why wasnt it done years ago, it was, and I have been through all this ground prior to the Hunting Act, from about 1996 up until the Act 2004, the older senior people were involved and did achieve what this group are trying to resurrect then it was done through the National Lurcher and Racing Club and The Association of Lurcher Clubs, The ALC was the Lurcher Organisation the Countryside Alliance recognised as the main representative of Lurchers with them and the Council of Hunting. Many of the Countryside Alliance County Committees had a Lurcher Representative as the local voice for Lurchers. During this time a Lurcher Submission was also produced for the ALC by a member (Which can be found online) in the defence of Lurcher work, this was part of the Inquiry into Hunting with Dogs.

Many of the people involved organised area meetings and rallys, attended in force all the Hyde Park Rally and march through London, Lurcher owners and Lurcher Clubs spent a great deal of time lobbying MP's, Lurcher owners were represented with the CA at the Labour Party Conference in Blackpool in 1997, attending fringe meetings and supporting hunting in general at all the debates in Blackpool. This is additional to monthly county CA meetings ensuring Lurchers were included all along the way, then Council of Hunting meetings , meetings in London and the regions with the Association of Lurcher Clubs.

Sadly after the Hunting Act became law, all the organisations, CA, COH, Masters of Foxhounds, NWTF, AOL and many more took the finger off the pulse, due to the Act and the Government of the time's stance on hunting they went and stayed quiet until the recent governments vote seeking repeal of hunting, this is where all that work will have to be repeated and took forward to get back to the days prior to the ban, Good luck.

.I would like to add Paulus that your information is incorrect, google speak with forked tongue, The Association of Lurcher Clubs and The National Lurcher and Racing Club both provided submissions in 2003/4 for the Associate Parliamentary Group For Animal Welfare,as did other members of the Council of Hunting Associations. So im afraid your guesstimate of 20 years is a little exaggerated, my own thoughts are that if the new steering group are struggling to unite a couple of dozen on here then they may struggle to achieve what the earlier organisations have done. What needs to be done is to put personalities to one side, both sides meet and come up with a strategy to go forward with, until it is done the lurcher fraternity will be fragmented. Onwards and Upwards.

• Like 4

Why do people keep talking bollox about the CA looking after the lurcher scene? They have a show coming up on the 25th of this month, all the other factions are catered for, even if ferrets are only allowed out of their boxes to race. But no mention of lurchers? Why not?

• Like 1

I am not currently connected with any of the two groups but I have some history and posted the following earlier, I would like to add a bit of history to the debate, after reading comments by the younger members about why wasnt it done years ago, it was, and I have been through all this ground prior to the Hunting Act, from about 1996 up until the Act 2004, the older senior people were involved and did achieve what this group are trying to resurrect then it was done through the National Lurcher and Racing Club and The Association of Lurcher Clubs, The ALC was the Lurcher Organisation the Countryside Alliance recognised as the main representative of Lurchers with them and the Council of Hunting. Many of the Countryside Alliance County Committees had a Lurcher Representative as the local voice for Lurchers. During this time a Lurcher Submission was also produced for the ALC by a member (Which can be found online) in the defence of Lurcher work, this was part of the Inquiry into Hunting with Dogs.

Many of the people involved organised area meetings and rallys, attended in force all the Hyde Park Rally and march through London, Lurcher owners and Lurcher Clubs spent a great deal of time lobbying MP's, Lurcher owners were represented with the CA at the Labour Party Conference in Blackpool in 1997, attending fringe meetings and supporting hunting in general at all the debates in Blackpool. This is additional to monthly county CA meetings ensuring Lurchers were included all along the way, then Council of Hunting meetings , meetings in London and the regions with the Association of Lurcher Clubs.

Sadly after the Hunting Act became law, all the organisations, CA, COH, Masters of Foxhounds, NWTF, AOL and many more took the finger off the pulse, due to the Act and the Government of the time's stance on hunting they went and stayed quiet until the recent governments vote seeking repeal of hunting, this is where all that work will have to be repeated and took forward to get back to the days prior to the ban, Good luck.

.I would like to add Paulus that your information is incorrect, google speak with forked tongue, The Association of Lurcher Clubs and The National Lurcher and Racing Club both provided submissions in 2003/4 for the Associate Parliamentary Group For Animal Welfare,as did other members of the Council of Hunting Associations. So im afraid your guesstimate of 20 years is a little exaggerated, my own thoughts are that if the new steering group are struggling to unite a couple of dozen on here then they may struggle to achieve what the earlier organisations have done. What needs to be done is to put personalities to one side, both sides meet and come up with a strategy to go forward with, until it is done the lurcher fraternity will be fragmented. Onwards and Upwards.

the new steering group is struggling because the old group has come out of the woodwork after all this time, 20 years or 13 years makes no difference does it, the same as all thats been done in the past made no difference, this is why i say a new approach is needed not the same old same old that has already proven to fail.