Further Update On New Lurcher Association

A month ago i wrote for the cmw about a first aid kit for lamping but where does the law stand as i cant find anything and where would the club stand? If a dog got a barb wire cut and i stapled it myself and then rspca come knocking a few days later when its fresh is that neglect? I got raided a while ago based on other people talking about me not even to me so know it can come very unexpected

name="Giro" post="4059702" timestamp="1445474668"]

What do you think ???

What's acceptable? ??

This is my own opinion..

There's no excuses for neglect..

Responsible working dog owners should have a first aid kit and have some basic knowledge of animal care..

Individuals should know when things need escalated to a vet..

If you can defend your own actions it's on your own head to do so..

Any wilfull neglect would be a measure of that person & a breach of the law.

Ignorance is no defence in law..

Clubs can't protect anyone.

Your responsible for your own actions..

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

this is why we need to educate our own community.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/349054-watch-out/

never walk towards coppers and watch where you park. Never admit anything and never make a statement before you have spoken to a brief who will have been told of all the evidence the police have against you. You cannot be tried and sentenced in a gateway or can you? Has it got that bad that the onus of proof is on the accused to prove his innocence. I think not.

Every time I venture out to legally hunt I carry my CA card and Clive Reeces number with me. I am careful where I park because of thieves and I always keep an account of the nights proceedings in my head in case I am questioned. Im no genius but I do think some folk ought to stay at home if they dont have any brain for the job.

• Like 7

Who or what excactly is the AWLL maybe some one involved may like to explain to any interested parties

when the time is right all will be revealed :laugh: probably around the same time you reveal your methods of despatching game

Y.I.S Leeview

I have just posted this on Moochers. I will repost here.

After a topic on THL about a need for the support of the modern working Lurcher started by moomin (giro)off here, a group of like minded individuals started emailing emailing amongst themselves as to the best way forward. Alan Tyers of the ALC was amongst that group, having being reingnited by Snatch (Flynn) off here, way back in July when rumours of an amendment arose. It was decided that as Tim Bonner of the CA had offered the chance of a chat about the future of lurchers and the CA, that a steering group was the way forward. Who decided and agreed I am unsure. But it was agreed and discussed openly on THL. The steering group picked a working name for a new association of LAGBI and continued with preparations for the meeting with Tim Bonner. with a view to discussing the outcome with all the original parties, but Alan in particular. As this point there was a breakdown in communications between those who were on the steering group and those who were not. Those who were not in the steering group were understandably "a bit miffed", and decided to unite alongside Alan Tyers, under the new name of the AWL. Un-benown to the steering group they pressed ahead with their own agenda. This split only became clear to the steering group this week, when the AWL was announced in the CW.

The steering group still intend to meet with Alan (if he feels it is appropriate) , as that was original objective supposedly agreed by the members of what appears to now be LAGBI and the AWL.

Whilst I was not involved in the early days of those discussions via email, and the "agreed need" for the steering group, I have apologised to two of the members of the AWL personally for not noticing the gaps in communication and acting upon that. I will take this opportunity to extend that apology to all involved who feel aggrieved by the situation. Non of it was intentional.

So now its out in the open, what you do is down to you.

ATB

Trenchfoot.

That is the last that I shall say on the matter, until Alan makes his decision known.

Edited by trenchfoot

So do you got a club or not?

At present we are a group of like minded individuals striving to achieve something to promote the future of working lurchers with the aims and code as previously published.

The intention has always been to set up a structure which can then be handed over to a democratically elected committee and to be inclusive for all.

So to answer that directly along with the explanation above - No

• Like 1

At present we are a group of like minded individuals striving to achieve something to promote the future of working lurchers with the aims and code as previously published.

The intention has always been to set up a structure which can then be handed over to a democratically elected committee and to be inclusive for all.

And after all the good advise from some good people that know what the score is, on this topic, you chose to ignore it all and got stuffed good and proper, flick back a few pages and re-group. :thumbs:

• Like 2

And after all the good advise from some good people that know what the score is, on this topic, you chose to ignore it all and got stuffed good and proper, flick back a few pages and re-group. :thumbs:

I was reiterating a point already confirmed by Trenchfoot and gave an honest answer to an apparently genuine question.

• Like 2

I was reiterating a point already confirmed by Trenchfoot and gave an honest answer to an apparently genuine question.

As have I. So can you still run with the LAGBI club on it's own merits, or is it tied to AWL?