Fac Question.

I'm in the process of applying for my fac but have a few questions about the process.

Firstly, I have added a land owner on my application with all his details etc and know this land has been passed for a rimmy, which is what I'm applying for. The thing is, I have loads of other land I'll be needing to use the rimmy on also. So am I expected to list every piece of land I could potentially be shooting on? If so I'll definately need more paper!

Secondly, is it possible to apply for an open ticket straight off? I've been a shotgun holder for years and have years of experience shooting rimfires that have been on other peoples tickets.

Lastly, what amount of ammo should I be looking at applying for?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. You will need to list all the land which you want to shoot on. Just copies of your written permission will be fine. However they must state that you have permission to shoot a 22lr.

As for an open ticket on first grant is unlikely but not a definite no. It will depend on your FAO and issuing forces policy.

You probably won't get an open ticket on your first application. Once you have one bit of land you can shoot on, you can shoot on any other land that is cleared for rimfire as long as you have permission to shoot there.

Apply for 600 rounds of ammo.

So, I only need to list one permission on my written application? And then show written copies of other permission at interview? I know all my permissions are passed for larger cal than rimfire.

Cheers for the help.

If I was you, I'd list one on the application then ask the FEO at the interview about the others. When i had a closed ticket with the Met, they weren't bothered about other permission letters as long as I checked the land had been cleared. Your FEO will tell you whether he needs copies of the permission letters or not.

I got an open ticket straight off when I applied but this was only for my rimfire and .22 hornet as I needed to control fox on certain land that wasn't passed for anything bigger than .22 rimfire. Again, it's at the discretion of your local FEO

One thing with a .22LR,

If you have lots of permission and you intend to shoot quite a few of whatever your quarry is, then up your ammunition to 1000. It's cheaper to buy that way and it only means a trip to the shop every six months at the very most. It would take me a lot longer than that to shoot 1000 rounds.

Yeah, my application only asked how much I wanted to have in my possession. It's on its way now anyway. Put down a 1000 rounds, see what I'm told at interview.

Anyone applied for an FAC with Cheshire recently?

Atb

.22 Ammo condition

HOLD 600

BUY 500

This I believe the 'normal' allowance for non range shooting, applicable in most Police areas.

Most forces have done away with the buy and hold conditions. Mine just says how many I can possess.

I think you will find they all have as people apply for new grants or renewals on the new forms, this will roll through to everyone over time.