Colour Scheme Suggestions, Please.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Well ..... Not till the weather dries out and warms up again, Flint. Next year. But I'm dead set on green anyway and there's no harm in knowing what I'll be up to.

Besides; The question's been bugging me.

Sentry red will go with it :thumbs:

'Red and green must never be seen, except for on a fool . . .'

OTC

it must change as it goes south,

cos down here it's,

BLUE AND GREEN SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN

I'd go for white walls, black woodwork

I am in Essex and its Blue + Green should never be seen

Guest Ditch_Shitter
just camo net it...........

:rofl::clapper::notworthy: You've obviously no way of knowing just how powerfully that notion appealed to me! :laugh: The vision of a great clump of nothing much amidst all this vegetation and wood Really struck a chord with me. Be almost like a sidhe, wouldn't it? :)

Anyway, the case is pretty much closed, thanks, folks. I'm just back from town. And there I found my inspiration staring me in the face.

I'd stepped out of my secondary local and was pacing about having a fag when the livery of the pub over the road caught my eye. He has his 'Banner' in just the right shade of green. The sign writing on that green background is - to my eye - a sort of golden coffee hue. And beside and around it all he has light oak wood work. What my eventual windows are planned to reflect.

I smoked and stared. Stared and smoked. Wanted to take a picture, but the light was against me by then. But, try as I might, I couldn't find fault with his colour scheme.

In fact, back inside my own pub, I was explaining all this to Meinn Host when it hit me; Those are the very colours that nature and the passing seasons bestow upon the Juncus Rush. And what is my cottage surrounded by ....? Cammo net? No need for it. My paint job will have much the same effect, at any distance. Yet look lovely up close :yes:

Sorted! :D

well ditch just if you whr thinking of pulling the job in this side of march you`d be needing pliolite masonary paint . now thats another aspect to it and one to look up on the net many a good paint job finished on the deck by a quick shower or a damp night :yes:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Rose Petal Curtains?!? I'll have ye know, sir, that us bog dwelling, rat catching, do making juncus fettishists of dodgy breeding are capable of contentment without such frippary as Curtains! Dogs would ony tear them down anyway ~ they've proven that before :rolleyes:

Here ye go. A fleeting glimpse at the spartan rigours faced in Casa Ditch. Here's a couple of shots of my 'Living Room' window:

Outside

post-3041-1195587865.jpg

Inside

post-3041-1195587902.jpg

Yeppers. The only curtain in the fabled House of Ditch is the Iron Curtain! That sheet of currugated I've nailed across the lower half of my main window. To stop the Dogs ever touching it and bringing the whole f*ckin lot falling apart! :laugh:

Right now, it's all held together with expanding foam, spiders webs and rotten wood! :laugh: But it's Mine. I own it and I love it. And I'll bring it all together by its boot straps ~ if I can just keep on livingthat long! 8)

Painted the roof. Next year I'll paint the exterior walls :good: