Advise Please About Whippets

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might as well get a little lurcher.......and spend what you save on a lamp....lithium battery....a nice pair of walking boots...a gortex jacket and years worth of pup insurance,,,,,,,and you'd still

Great little rabbit dogs. Great pets..I been out with a few.i like em a lot.

I love the humble whippet , they may surprise you .

Hi guys getting into lamping and ferreting looking at getting a whippet just wonded if some lurchers are easyer to train as iv herd that whippets haven't got much brains any advise which dogs are an ideal starting dog cheers guys

I feel pure bred whippets don't have enough in them for very rough terrian just like Prue greyhounds so for lamping on rough terrian i whould always go for whippet cross instead mate atb Edited by bonehead

I was in the same boat not long ago and in the end I couldn't really justify paying a lot more for a pure whippet when I knew full well I could get a small lurcher for half the cost breed right and that would probably be a bit more durable in the long run. Ended up with a whippety lurcher. He has ended up 21tts at 8 month and is just a slightly thicker set whippet, time will tell if he is any good in the field but I am happy with my decision to date atb

• Like 1