55 Body Grips

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm using them and they are superb. Got mine from JohnB at fourteenacre   I have used them quite a bit and have only ever had head/neck strikes. A proper nice piece of kit.

They are more effective than fenns, in fact, I'd say that the 55 is more effective than the 110 or the 116 on squirrels.

I use all three sizes on squirrels. There great for putting on branches and vertical trunks

Posted Images

I'm using them and they are superb. Got mine from JohnB at fourteenacre

I have used them quite a bit and have only ever had head/neck strikes. A proper nice piece of kit.

JD do you use the standard trigger wire formatlion on your 55's? Also, in your opinion, do you think they'd make a good mink trap, if they were approved for them?

I have used them quite a bit and have only ever had head/neck strikes. A proper nice piece of kit.

JD do you use the standard trigger wire formatlion on your 55's? Also, in your opinion, do you think they'd make a good mink trap, if they were approved for them?

Well, I've got every make of BG here. The whole lot, and I have to say that the BMI triggers are the best of the lot. I've done a bit of experimenting with them and they're good. However, I once filmed a squirrel weave his way through the triggers to get to the peanuts. :laugh: But if it can do that on a BMI then it can do it on anything else.

I think the 55 would make a superb mink trap, simply because of the way they have lethal strikes. To be fair, the 110 should also be approved for mink.

I often run a trip wire between the triggers, but due to the more compact size of the 55 this isn't needed. Top trap it is!

• Like 1

Well, I've got every make of BG here. The whole lot, and I have to say that the BMI triggers are the best of the lot. I've done a bit of experimenting with them and they're good. However, I once filmed a squirrel weave his way through the triggers to get to the peanuts. :laugh: But if it can do that on a BMI then it can do it on anything else.

I think the 55 would make a superb mink trap, simply because of the way they have lethal strikes. To be fair, the 110 should also be approved for mink.

I often run a trip wire between the triggers, but due to the more compact size of the 55 this isn't needed. Top trap it is!

Hmmm, that has me thinking!

Its the one trap i've overlooked! Always thought it as limited, and not as versitile as the other bodygrips! Looks like i was wrong with that one!

Its the one trap i've overlooked! Always thought it as limited, and not as versitile as the other bodygrips! Looks like i was wrong with that one!

Thats because it was downplayed and only passed for rats and mice, which is absolutely stupid! It should have been passed for squirrels years ago.

Thats because it was downplayed and only passed for rats and mice, which is absolutely stupid! It should have been passed for squirrels years ago.

Yea thats true! It has just as good a killing power as a 110, and as you say, even better contact, with less room for error!

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a good few in the 55's now. Belting trap.

What was your stabilizer as your box was only notched at one side

There's only one spring so it wouldn't matter if the notch was at both sides.

I use two screws as stabilisers.