55 Body Grips

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm using them and they are superb. Got mine from JohnB at fourteenacre   I have used them quite a bit and have only ever had head/neck strikes. A proper nice piece of kit.

They are more effective than fenns, in fact, I'd say that the 55 is more effective than the 110 or the 116 on squirrels.

I use all three sizes on squirrels. There great for putting on branches and vertical trunks

Posted Images

It seems it's a mixture of bees wax and parafin, however it seems the rustoleum would be quicker and easier,

These dips and paints,are mainly for protection, and wax is used More as a way to sharpen up the action of the trap! Makes them a little quicker, and more sensitive!

Out of interest, where on the Spring Traps Approval order is the approval for their use on squirrels?

As far as I can see (STAO 2012) it's approved for use against Rats, Mice and 'other small ground vermin', the latter group does not include grey squirrel, hence why other traps specifically mention grey squirrel specifically e.g. the BMI 110 which can be used for "grey squirrels, stoats, weasels, rats, mice and other small ground vermin".

Has there been a modification to the STAO to permit the 55's use on grey squirrel?

Out of interest, where on the Spring Traps Approval order is the approval for their use on squirrels?

As far as I can see (STAO 2012) it's approved for use against Rats, Mice and 'other small ground vermin', the latter group does not include grey squirrel, hence why other traps specifically mention grey squirrel specifically e.g. the BMI 110 which can be used for "grey squirrels, stoats, weasels, rats, mice and other small ground vermin".

Has there been a modification to the STAO to permit the 55's use on grey squirrel?

Yes, there has been an interim amendment, and they will be officially put on the STAO when it is updated shortly.

• Like 1

Cheers, found it....

http://faolex.fao.org/docs/pdf/uk146000.pdf

Variation of the Spring Traps Approval (England) Order 2012

2. The Schedule to the Spring Traps Approval (England) Order 2012(c) is varied as follows—

(a) in the entry for the BMI Magnum 55, in Column 2 (conditions), after “killing” insert

“grey squirrels,”;

must have missed that when I was reading the bit about the Goodnature being approved.