55 Body Grips

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm using them and they are superb. Got mine from JohnB at fourteenacre   I have used them quite a bit and have only ever had head/neck strikes. A proper nice piece of kit.

They are more effective than fenns, in fact, I'd say that the 55 is more effective than the 110 or the 116 on squirrels.

I use all three sizes on squirrels. There great for putting on branches and vertical trunks

Posted Images

I'm using them and they are superb. Got mine from JohnB at fourteenacre

I have used them quite a bit and have only ever had head/neck strikes. A proper nice piece of kit.

Great, just what I wanted to hear, thanks. I'll get some ordered!

I've got a job in some privately owned woodland which is full of squirrels so I'm going to try something different and make some raised feeding stations and have 2 or 3 traps set at each station dotted around the woodland some stations with fenn's and others BG's see which ones catch cleaner.

They are fantastic traps. I first used a bodygrip around 2002 and iv never had a catch that was badly caught.

If I was trapping in a large woodland I'd put out a large number of feeders, just small ones made from buckets....I'd then rotate my traps around these feeders.

I use pieces of corn cob on the wires as bait.

They are fantastic traps. I first used a bodygrip around 2002 and iv never had a catch that was badly caught.

If I was trapping in a large woodland I'd put out a large number of feeders, just small ones made from buckets....I'd then rotate my traps around these feeders.

I use pieces of corn cob on the wires as bait.

Thanks for the advice!

I could do with one of those at the moment. The other night we heard some strange noise and then it seemed like there was someone wearing clogs dancing in the attic. Last night the clog dancer was back. I'd removed a nest from under the eaves the other day while repairing the guttering and thought that it might be a fouine or beech marten so I jammed some wire mesh into the gap where I thought it was getting in. That sound the other night was it pulling the mesh away to get back in. Little bu99er!

I'll have to cement up the gap, once I'm sure that I'm not walling it in that is :laugh: