Hard Dogs How Many.

Not all digging men panic under them circumstance and take their time as much as any .Id hate to have a headless chicken on any dig b it ur using a mute or a mixer. We all have are own preference. Which should be respected a working dog is a working dog at the end of the day just some see the need for a certain type. Each to their own.

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 2

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think everyone has a different opinion on what is called a hard terrier.Some will call a terrier that can kill fox to ground on a regular basis hard where others will say the dog just has a nack for

Mute dog would not keep it I like the sound of sounding under my feet to much most of what I come across is educated stuff and I dig them with bayer mixer types I have no need for hard dog just my opi

Have to disagree as some places can be layered maybe 3-4 different levels spread over a wide area and a fox moving about in front of a terrier will leave scent all over the place leaving it very hard

Posted Images

It's not about panic. It's more about respect for the dog and knowing what they're going to look like when you get to them. Some lads care about their dogs and don't want them to be in bits when they break through, so digging down to them faster than usual would be more respect for the dog than panic.

We have experienced different company if I dug down quickly on any terrier id be nutted with a spade. alot of people dig a line that seems to be taken over now be it out of his yard or purchased by another man be it true stuff or not that line works very mute alot of them . And I asure you the guys I no have the upmost respect and have top notch living conditions for there terriers.why wouldn't they

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 2

As above everybody differs and everybody has a different view on a "hard" terrier, I don't actually own s terrier anymore due to circumstances I just have the one lurcher however this is one of my old dogs, never walked out, f****d about a few times towards the end of his career but every dog has its day off now and again, he bay and bully until I broke through and then he would grab hold as soon as I broke through, post-102608-0-46451400-1477130554.png

• Like 8

I cant be doing with speed diggers either, dog in, box on , minute it stops dig like fck, seems like theyre worried dog will walk, maybe a bit of time will would do dog good. A very well known dog that was hard as they come was dropped in a spot on an invite that was always handy, anyway went to about fourteen foot, hard going, took a good while but the dog was baying by the end, this was the making of the dog, and I know of plenty of other dogs that done similar, in fact most of the best dogs ive seen have been mute for a season or two then start baying. I have a bitch here just started baying this year and its her third season, I was delighted last week to hear her baying, give them a bit of time, let them learn there trade, if they cut out for it they will bay, if not they'll walk and youll know what you have.

• Like 6

I cant be doing with speed diggers either, dog in, box on , minute it stops dig like fck, seems like theyre worried dog will walk, maybe a bit of time will would do dog good. A very well known dog that was hard as they come was dropped in a spot on an invite that was always handy, anyway went to about fourteen foot, hard going, took a good while but the dog was baying by the end, this was the making of the dog, and I know of plenty of other dogs that done similar, in fact most of the best dogs ive seen have been mute for a season or two then start baying. I have a bitch here just started baying this year and its her third season, I was delighted last week to hear her baying, give them a bit of time, let them learn there trade, if they cut out for it they will bay, if not they'll walk and youll know what you have.

And with experience knowing where to catch hold.

And with experience knowing where to hold. The ones learn to do this are worth their weight in gold.

• Like 2

I like to give a dog time and not do anything in haste. 100mph on the shovel and you'll blow yourself out and your dog won't have settled. Steady from the off and you'll get to your dog quicker in the long run.

• Like 2

?

• Like 2

I think it's a lot down to good big hard dog

Fox In tuff place for dog to get up with his fox.

If it's Hard dog or sounder If your dog

Haven't Hart or the no how to keep digging

On to his fox that's only the start for the dog

If the fox is in a wide bit of the hole only hoping to see head And when that muzzle shows of dog it's show time for that fox not dog beceuse his

Still can't do anything only keep trying to get hold and dig on by that time his looking like dartboard with

Them holes fox put in him then fun starts

We all no what a good big dog fox can do when

He have his good ground with him When

Any dog can get that job don that's dog I think

Every boady be happy with hard or not so hard

Task just reading your post these was a black dog i seen work for a number of season best black dog I've ever seen going he was some dog that had some engine to him but has hard has they come to this day i can't believe how the dog stay has hard and long has he did and took very little sick he just new his job the memories i have of that dog working I'll never forget. Some dog?

I think it's a lot down to good big hard dog

Fox In tuff place for dog to get up with his fox.

If it's Hard dog or sounder If your dog

Haven't Hart or the no how to keep digging

On to his fox that's only the start for the dog

If the fox is in a wide bit of the hole only hoping to see head And when that muzzle shows of dog it's show time for that fox not dog beceuse his

Still can't do anything only keep trying to get hold and dig on by that time his looking like dartboard with

Them holes fox put in him then fun starts

We all no what a good big dog fox can do when

He have his good ground with him When

Any dog can get that job don that's dog I think

Every boady be happy with hard or not so hard