Hard Dogs How Many.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think everyone has a different opinion on what is called a hard terrier.Some will call a terrier that can kill fox to ground on a regular basis hard where others will say the dog just has a nack for

Mute dog would not keep it I like the sound of sounding under my feet to much most of what I come across is educated stuff and I dig them with bayer mixer types I have no need for hard dog just my opi

Have to disagree as some places can be layered maybe 3-4 different levels spread over a wide area and a fox moving about in front of a terrier will leave scent all over the place leaving it very hard

Posted Images

Mixer and hardone's work differenly its two different types, imo in general a hardone wouldnt do 4'5 a day well i wouldnt expect that from them and I woundnt put that down to been not a good terrier . But if were talking bout mixers id expect a couple of digs a day for sure if the digging was there. Buy the meaning of mixer bay and hold randomly.

Hardones can make hardwork of it so to speak but its all about what you prefer I like to know my terrier is tight on his quarry and always has contact but each to their own

• Like 2

Also depends on the situation. A baying mixer can get into real trouble , say on a tight bend or with a root in the way because a fox will just pick at it all day, whereas a hard dog will push on close taking initial punishment but taking control quicker.

• Like 3

Also depends on the situation. A baying mixer can get into real trouble , say on a tight bend or with a root in the way because a fox will just pick at it all day, whereas a hard dog will push on close taking initial punishment but taking control quicker.

Exactly. Totally agree rob that's spot on. Its that extra bit of kamakazi type minded terrier that I admire. Not all agree but we all have our own opinions.

Thats why the hard dog is the one we all crave he will keep goin no goin back if even it means he pushs in so tight he is willin to die to get there and get the job done and most of the time they are the best producers. What id give ta have so such a little warrior ??

• Like 3