Hard Dogs How Many.

Does know body's dogs work different to the situation , bay and save themselves when they can and wrestle and hold on other occasions , depending on the mood of the quarry . Strange to think they can only be one or the other ? A good dog knows why he's in there and you waiting with the shovels me thinks? One dog for all occasions surely better than half a dozen to do the same job. :)

• Like 2

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think everyone has a different opinion on what is called a hard terrier.Some will call a terrier that can kill fox to ground on a regular basis hard where others will say the dog just has a nack for

Mute dog would not keep it I like the sound of sounding under my feet to much most of what I come across is educated stuff and I dig them with bayer mixer types I have no need for hard dog just my opi

Have to disagree as some places can be layered maybe 3-4 different levels spread over a wide area and a fox moving about in front of a terrier will leave scent all over the place leaving it very hard

Posted Images

Personally I couldn't give two shits about the cock measures who are out there but when they are giving ammunition to the anti's, the police and the politicians who want all forms of hunting banned then it does affect me.

Go onto any anti hunting web-site and look at all the quotes and photos of lads posing with injured dogs and dead foxes and what they're boasting about.

Do you's reckon these are antis dressed up as terriermen ?

Do you reckon the wounds on the dogs are make-up ?

Do you reckon the foxes are road kill ?

No, the truth is that all these photos etc. were given to the anti's and the authorities by the lads who put them up on the WWW themselves.

There's even a post up above where some one mentions terriers getting smashed up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was it made of porcelain ?

If some poor fellow did actually find himself in front of the judge (and it could happen to any of us) where do you think the prosecution will get what they need to educate a judge or a jury about terrierwork ?

Countrymans weekly ?

I don't think so.

They'll just take it off the WWW ,there's dozen's of clowns giving it to them.

Here in Ireland at the moment wildlife crime such as badger digging and hare coursing using lurchers is being put under the same umbrella as wildlife crime such as the ivory trade. The media is telling the public that wildlife crime is linked to organised crime.

Who will the public believe ? An anti who says terrierwork is barbaric or a terrierman who mentions that his terriers get smashed up ?

The police and wildlife service over here now are even attending gunclub meetings to educate shooting men on the evils of terriers and lurchers.

There's even been calls for a special police task force to be set up to tackle wildlife crime here in Eire.

And then in the wide open on the WWW you have idiots discussing smashed up dogs !!!!!!!!!

My daughters being coming out digging with me since she was 5. She's now 18 and her friends don't even know she goes digging.

WHY ? Because they don't need to know and she is able to keep her mouth shut.

We need to get our act together regarding this inter-net and the harm it's doing and then keep our act clean.

Like I said before, those of us who are out regularly know what digging is and looks like so why come home and come on here to tell the world how great we are using stupid childish expressions like "smashed up" .

At the end of the day it's those who care about the working terrier who'll suffer, not the 2 week wannabee wonders.[/quote

Wannbeeeeeeere

Edited by stevie g 2005
  • Like 2

JMHO on the subject. It's a big pity that there's people such as the N.W.T.F. fighting tooth and nail for the right to work our terriers and then you have lads coming on here un-doing their hard work with talk such as "locking on" and "no matter how much stick it takes".

In my opinion this sort of talk usually comes out of the mouths of wannabees, novices or those who have some sort of macho image of themselves.

Those of us who are used to working terriers know what we see and the memories and images stay in our minds, not on an inter-net forum.

The likes of the CA get accused now and again of not supporting terrierwork and when you see some of the posts on here who can blame them ?

It was stupid to start such a thread in the first place.

As has been said already. Hard dogs are illegal.

It's funny how a mans ego can over rule common sense and make him come on the WWW and talk of illegal matters.

Jesus you have to be on drugs you have the biggest ego in here

Personally I couldn't give two shits about the cock measures who are out there but when they are giving ammunition to the anti's, the police and the politicians who want all forms of hunting banned then it does affect me.

Go onto any anti hunting web-site and look at all the quotes and photos of lads posing with injured dogs and dead foxes and what they're boasting about.

No, the truth is that all these photos etc. were given to the anti's and the authorities by the lads who put them up on the WWW themselves.

There's even a post up above where some one mentions terriers getting smashed up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If some poor fellow did actually find himself in front of the judge (and it could happen to any of us) where do you think the prosecution will get what they need to educate a judge or a jury about terrierwork ?

Countrymans weekly ?

I don't think so.

Here in Ireland at the moment wildlife crime such as badger digging and hare coursing using lurchers is being put under the same umbrella as wildlife crime such as the ivory trade. The media is telling the public that wildlife crime is linked to organised crime.

Who will the public believe ? An anti who says terrierwork is barbaric or a terrierman who mentions that his terriers get smashed up ?

The police and wildlife service over here now are even attending gunclub meetings to educate shooting men on the evils of terriers and lurchers.

There's even been calls for a special police task force to be set up to tackle wildlife crime here in Eire.

And then in the wide open on the WWW you have idiots discussing smashed up dogs !!!!!!!!!

My daughters being coming out digging with me since she was 5. She's now 18 and her friends don't even know she goes digging.

We need to get our act together regarding this inter-net and the harm it's doing and then keep our act clean.

Like I said before, those of us who are out regularly know what digging is and looks like so why come home and come on here to tell the world how great we are using stupid childish expressions like "smashed up" .

At the end of the day it's those who care about the working terrier who'll suffer, not the 2 week wannabee wonders.[/quote

Edited by stevie g 2005

Countrymans weekly ?

I don't think so.

Wannbeeeeeeere

LOL, did you ask if I wanna beer ? It's 8.11 in the morning !!!!!!!!!

I never drink before 9 am, (don't want to develop a problem).

But judging by your post Stevie I'd say you've been at the beer.

JMHO on the subject. It's a big pity that there's people such as the N.W.T.F. fighting tooth and nail for the right to work our terriers and then you have lads coming on here un-doing their hard work with talk such as "locking on" and "no matter how much stick it takes".

In my opinion this sort of talk usually comes out of the mouths of wannabees, novices or those who have some sort of macho image of themselves.

Those of us who are used to working terriers know what we see and the memories and images stay in our minds, not on an inter-net forum.

The likes of the CA get accused now and again of not supporting terrierwork and when you see some of the posts on here who can blame them ?

It was stupid to start such a thread in the first place.

As has been said already. Hard dogs are illegal.

It's funny how a mans ego can over rule common sense and make him come on the WWW and talk of illegal matters.

Jesus you have to be on drugs you have the biggest ego in here

No, not on drugs but assholes like you would make me want to take some.

Stevie, I had a look at my profile the other day. You've added yourself as a friend.

LMAO, you couldn't make it up.

It would fit you better to get out and actually do a bit with a terrier or two. That's if your dog swapping mate hasn't got out of them by now, again.

Please remove yourself from my profile, LMFAO.

Neil I no you been in terrier work for years and no the job inside out but sometimes I feel your posts whuld be better left in your mind as you seem to drag the things what are best left to dissapere into the pages into the lime light I really don't think posting such things as you do can do any help mate people will always post pics and people will always do things what arnt correct same with any sport or pay time some times it's better to turn the other cheek rather than make a debate of let them crack on mate and let the bullshit fade into the pages and be deleted by the moderators at will ,, because you will never ever stop it mate if they want ammunition from pictures they don't have to get them from the UK there lots of country's who don't give feck about hunting laws and the pics they post are disgraceful and all over the Internet not having a dig pal just a observation

• Like 3

I know what your saying Silverhaze, and maybe you're right.

But, this site used to be full of photos of injured dogs, lurchers drawing and foxes still alive.

I don't remember the mods removing too many of them.

This site now IMO is spot on, BUT, you do now and then have lads talk about illegal practices.

Some lads don't realise what's legal and what's not and it's no harm to tell them.

But those that do know whats right but don't give two damns about anything other than their ego need telling IMO.

The lads who are silly and get a visit I feel sorry for, the lads who don't give a shit and get a visit ,f**k them, but when it makes the papers then we're all tarred with the same brush.

At the end of the day nearly all prosecutions and media stories come from the inter-net initially.

Is hunting not worth helping by trying to clean up the inter-net ?

As for FaceBook ?

FB needs idiots, the more the merrier. The people behind FB don't give a damn about hunting so they're not going to care if the idiots are helping the antis or not.

Social media just seems to be for people who's lives are that sad that they feel the need to tell the world what they had for breakfast, when they shit last and here's a video of this years fox being killed by my dogs.

How come those who do a lot of hunting to good dogs to a high standard don't write every detail on the WWW ??????

Very easy question to answer.

Like I say, all my comments and protests are for hunting, nothing else, just hunting and IMO a lot of the magazines and fieldsports organisations should be letting it be known that those who put damaging crap on the inter-net are not friends of the sport.

Maybe I shut my mouth more though, it's probably boring after a while. LOL.

• Like 4

I'll take your advice Zilverhaze as you do talk sense and I'll withhold from making comments about contents I disagree with and maybe my comments do make the issue bigger (a bit).

But, you do know who the real victim is ?

ME, I'll find it very hard to keep my mouth shut, LOL.

YIS.

• Like 3

I might have a little drink sometimes, evening, but i never boast, blag, or talk on too others, on te outside, areas, or pub if i went there?. But is that where all the bullshit come from, and i done this, and dug that deep, and the parrot talk, all dickheads, not hunters, and as for hyperciite, wouldn't like to meet yu eeither, not right, and not 100 /per cent,

• Like 3

We're fked and that's that , the French will be ok unless they let us get involved in there terrier control of species ? We should have licences ourselves long ago, our game is a magnet for the gangster boys and to many dickheads take them in because they are week and in need of some kind of notoriety themselves ? Govshites! I know many unfortunately . At least if we could single them out , we wouldn't be possible classed as the same as them .... If u know what I mean . Hunting with terriers done properly is not cruel... No crueler than catching a fish! Hope these French guys get off this site , it ain't gonna do them no gud :( I i brought no shame in this game ... HAVE YOU

• Like 5

Well said Jiggy..

Neil just a thought you say the nwtf is doing a lot to eradicate wannabes and trouble makers are you not in the south and the iwtf would cover your area these men in my opinion have saved us from a full hunting ban like the UK and have been outstanding in our fight for justice by bringing in a code of conduct and lobbying various groups. I think we are light years ahead of where we were with some great leaders pushing the cause those men deserve a mention.

• Like 1

15 digs a year ?????? Digging season roughly oct to feb. I ment. Well everybody difffers I would usualy get maybe only 6, 7 out of the younger dogs less as they get older. Maybe im mommy cuddling them :huh: lol.

Some are that hard they can't even see half that amount...