Hard Dogs How Many.

To the guys who own the hard type how many digs do you get a year out of yours. I no how long under ground comes into factor in each dig . But generaly speaking. Cause ive heard rediculous amounts from so called hard ones. I admire the hard type over mixers and bayers so dont knock me with the usuall thing as what good are they to you only a limited amount of digs :wallbash: . Ive enough to do me for what digs I have.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think everyone has a different opinion on what is called a hard terrier.Some will call a terrier that can kill fox to ground on a regular basis hard where others will say the dog just has a nack for

Mute dog would not keep it I like the sound of sounding under my feet to much most of what I come across is educated stuff and I dig them with bayer mixer types I have no need for hard dog just my opi

Have to disagree as some places can be layered maybe 3-4 different levels spread over a wide area and a fox moving about in front of a terrier will leave scent all over the place leaving it very hard

Posted Images

I think everyone has a different opinion on what is called a hard terrier.Some will call a terrier that can kill fox to ground on a regular basis hard where others will say the dog just has a nack for killing them.Some terriers are hard on themselves[stupid] where as another can be pure mute go in take hold and just lay there until dug to and without taking any or little grief.I know of 1 dog which is 11 year old now and was dug to 13 times last season in 3 weeks,this dog is mute but sensible in the process,will take hold and happy to just lay there until dug.I have a niece to this dog and she will try and go through them but pays the price for it,have 2 daughters to this bitch back to said dog and they casn be dug to regularly but my mate has a litter brother to these and he is a lunatic,steams into them like a train.I prefer a hardish type terrier,not into yappers but every man to his own.We rotate our terriers from week to week so none of them are worked sore and all allowed to heal but they see plenty of work.

• Like 17

Have nt had much luck in getting one as good as that 11 year old bitch but they do wise up with age a little bit from time to time, ill probably get slapped for this but the reason why i like the harder type which ive been called a fool some many times, is to me they seem more commited. Just my opinion im not saying any type is better than another im not that small minded but its just how i see it and enjoy working that kind.

• Like 1

We all like the hard dogs ha i only the pleasure of owning 2 a bitch that i lost ta ground at 5 and a dog getn old and grey out in the yard he deserves a good retirement with all good days he gave me. Iv had plenty in the last few years that started of hard but soon became backfill.

• Like 2

We all like the hard dogs ha i only the pleasure of owning 2 a bitch that i lost ta ground at 5 and a dog getn old and grey out in the yard he deserves a good retirement with all good days he gave me. Iv had plenty in the last few years that started of hard but soon became backfill.

Unfortunatly that happens 2 :doh:

• Like 1

Have nt had much luck in getting one as good as that 11 year old bitch but they do wise up with age a little bit from time to time, ill probably get slapped for this but the reason why i like the harder type which ive been called a fool some many times, is to me they seem more commited. Just my opinion im not saying any type is better than another im not that small minded but its just how i see it and enjoy working that kind.

Different dogs for different situations,any terrier will bolt a fox that wants to bolt but its when the fox dont want out that the harder type come into there own as foxy will either bolt or pay the price for staying put.I have seen on plenty of occasions bayers-yappers whatever you want to call them be pushed about for ages and make an easy job look hard where as a harder type will take no messing and get the job done,everyone has there preferences and always will thats the terrier game.

• Like 4

I think everyone has a different opinion on what is called a hard terrier.Some will call a terrier that can kill fox to ground on a regular basis hard where others will say the dog just has a nack for killing them.Some terriers are hard on themselves[stupid] where as another can be pure mute go in take hold and just lay there until dug to and without taking any or little grief.I know of 1 dog which is 11 year old now and was dug to 13 times last season in 3 weeks,this dog is mute but sensible in the process,will take hold and happy to just lay there until dug.I have a niece to this dog and she will try and go through them but pays the price for it,have 2 daughters to this bitch back to said dog and they casn be dug to regularly but my mate has a litter brother to these and he is a lunatic,steams into them like a train.I prefer a hardish type terrier,not into yappers but every man to his own.We rotate our terriers from week to week so none of them are worked sore and all allowed to heal but they see plenty of work.

and off a good dig and how long to ground does one of these hard dog take to heal? .

Different dogs for different situations,any terrier will bolt a fox that wants to bolt but its when the fox dont want out that the harder type come into there own as foxy will either bolt or pay the price for staying put.I have seen on plenty of occasions bayers-yappers whatever you want to call them be pushed about for ages and make an easy job look hard where as a harder type will take no messing and get the job done,everyone has there preferences and always will thats the terrier game.
good dog's I've seen work well, week after week, such, bark but don't get pushed around, it the other wayrround, unless the a fluke and i dont go for that

good dog's I've seen work well, week after week, such, bark but don't get pushed around, it the other wayrround, unless the a fluke and i dont go for that

Big difference in a mixer type dog and an out and out baying type,a mixing type will bay but also drive forward when foxy starts to push where as a yapper will move with the fox,sometimes it will bolt but more times it will move about for hours and just when your about to break through.

• Like 2