for the ozzies

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think a good terrier would take a tassie devil. a Devil would nto last up against a fox and terriers do foxes ok. I had heard about the wombats crushing things and if he uses that bone plate to block the hole dont thinkl the dog will be able to get through

Its a good way to get a dog killed The bat crouches down with its arse to the entrance allowing the dog to climb up its back, then it stands up crushing the air out of the dog with its boney plate in its back this suffercates the dog then no more fido.

Not a good target speices.

stevemac

a tassie will make shitt of a fox thats one of the reasons there arnt any foxes in tasmania

Bullshit there are foxes here in Tas not many but they are here. tassie devils will sneak into the den and eat the cubs but would not tackle a full grown fox

Bullshit mate its your opnion that there are none. A good friend of mine saw a young vixen running along side of a road a couple of years ago on his way too milk the cows in the morning. And i also know people who around ten years ago actually brought in 3 vixens and 2 dog foxes on a small boat. You believe what you want to but they are here.

You know people that took foxes to Tassie??? You have got to be kidding me they must be the dumbest arsoles that ever walked the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tasmania is a pristine area and they must be as dumb as dog shit to want to ruin a spot that has no foxes by brining them in hope they never go to Kangaroo Island. The UK and Europe they are not introduced but here in Aust are a pest and should be treated as such

Wombats are mean on dogs and as above will crush a dog against the top of their burrow so not a good idea and I dont see much challenge or point to it, wonder what they taste like?

Marcos

Well that is fascinating: I know absolutely nothing about wombats but have just learned a little. Tried to Google womabts and there seems to be hardly anything on them. Any of you Oz guys know a site with pics of the wombat and its bony plate? Just very curious as to how they evolved: mention on one site of a dinosaur with similar bony plate.

Have any of you actually come into contact with them, are you speaking from bitter experience re wombats squashing dogs? Sounds totally plausible if outlandish as a method of defence.

Got to admit is something ive wondered about also wondered about tassie devils how they would fare up againsta terrier

They are nasty little feckers. I dont think there would be much of a terrier left

any chance of info ,any underground terrier work in perth,aus.misses wants to go .