Deben Lamps Vs Lightforce Lamps !!!!

I've got the tracer 170 vp with a 14amp lithium battery and think it's spot on...don't think there's much in them...the tracer has a 75w bulb and light force 100w....I ordered the light force to be honest with you but it was faulty straight out the box (wiring) so send it back and got the tracer instead.

Lightforce are all british made and built a lot better than Deben.. Ive never had a Deben I havnt had to repair and virtually rewire from new,and there not cheap to buy..

Ive got the LA9 with metal reflector and 100w bulb with lithium battery.

• Like 1

I think it's luck of the draw with the wiring on half of the lamps, I've had my tracer 170 variable for 3 maybe 4 years now and not had a problem a friend has had a newer one, (the one with the buttons for dimmers) and it's had several problems. I do tend to look after my stuff as apposed to swinging it around by the lead. I have got my lamp on a cord that attaches to my rucksack with a carabiner (so I can be hands free, with the light on dealing with the dogs or rabbits etc.) and all the connections on deben 22amp lipo battery are kept in such a way that it limits any movement/damage. I can imagine if you are slipping the battery into your pocket of different bags etc. each time it's gonna be problematic, hence I've done what i've done... I have had a striker 210 when I used to shoot a lot, that was just on it's own, loose, with a car battery on a metal rucksack frame and had no end of trouble, always at a crucial moment too, so problem limitation is key I think...