Longnetting Muntjac

liongeorge

nothing cruel with netting deer they do it all over the world from simple natives usng 5 inch net 40 pound plus braking strain , or a heavy duty tangle net ten inch mesh saw them used in foreign countries , no difrence than legal deer netting ,apart from it tangles them ,met men who are tree surgoens fishermen, who cleaned a few deer problems with old salmon net and walked them in and put them some were more appropraite ,u want 8 mm top and bottom line set on the half 100yard makes fifty ,ive saw them do it with hare counts run them in and trap them and count them for health and disease ,there was an article in an edrd mag 20 years plus shows a man with three roe buck a dog and nets goos clean way of pestcontrol, m c glenn

Don't the deer get stressed then just have heart attack an keel over?

nothing cruel with netting deer they do it all over the world from simple natives usng 5 inch net 40 pound plus braking strain , or a heavy duty tangle net ten inch mesh saw them used in foreign countries , no difrence than legal deer netting ,apart from it tangles them ,met men who are tree surgoens fishermen, who cleaned a few deer problems with old salmon net and walked them in and put them some were more appropraite ,u want 8 mm top and bottom line set on the half 100yard makes fifty ,ive saw them do it with hare counts run them in and trap them and count them for health and disease ,there was an article in an edrd mag 20 years plus shows a man with three roe buck a dog and nets goos clean way of pestcontrol, m c glenn

Don't the deer get stressed then just have heart attack an keel over?
There is a group, & possibly other groups that go round the country netting deer on large estates, deer farms etc when certain animals need removal........it's become a bit of social event haha....

I've been on one such day, it's hard work & not for the faint hearted........over 50 animals taken & no deaths from stress that I knew of......that's not to say it doesn't happen.

As an aside.......I was told of one such wkend with the same group, who were netting on a private estate with an additional collection of exotics running around ;-).......I believe a zebra had to be taken out of the net haha....

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

My old rabbiting mate was out netting with a crew at Corby in the early 50s , he was behind the net killing rabbits when a deer became entangled ,George did not know what to do and after a couple of minutes the deer was out and away. When the lads who were driving the field got to George and heard what had happened they were not too happy .....one of them Tommy Carlo said to George :if a deer gets in the net again do this : he then pulled a stone off of the wall and smacked George across his nut.

• Like 6
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...