Never Been But Want To

I have never been wildfowling before but have shot for quite a while (driven, and rough shooting)

I really want to get into wildfowling and am wondering how do you go about getting into the sport? Do you just go door knocking like you do for other fieldsport or are there any spots where you can buy a day ticket to shoot or what?

I live in East riding of Yorkshire, and i know they have a wildfowlers club but after speaking to them on the phone I will only be going shooting once, MAYBE twice in a season due to the numbers of people and new restrictions on land that they can shoot.

TIA

Joe.

• 1 month later...

Well Joe Durrant. You might be surprised to know that foreshore shooting is by Royal consent. If you can access the foreshore without trespass then go for it. You only have to get to the Solway Firth or similar and you'll find all the local help you need.There's a guy on here who clearly likes to be listened to,Leslie, and why not. Give him a PM and you'll be in.

• Like 2

Well Joe Durrant. You might be surprised to know that foreshore shooting is by Royal consent. If you can access the foreshore without trespass then go for it. You only have to get to the Solway Firth or similar and you'll find all the local help you need.There's a guy on here who clearly likes to be listened to,Leslie, and why not. Give him a PM and you'll be in.

isnt that only in scotland tho?

Well I'll be damned if I know. Surely Royal decree is for the British Isles but I may well be right off the track here. Some of the guys on the forum will put us both right.. But for saying that, there's nothing wrong with North of the border you Yorkshire git. LOL Get up there and get on with it. Stories I could tell you about the Solway are legendery.

• Like 2

Leslie. You can't really mean that. Advice like that to a newcomer??? Get on that mud having to have crossed a few of them single pole bridges, lost a wellie in the clawing mud, squeeled when you were lost in the most atrocious fog, relied on your mates to get you back to Newton Stewart and into the lodge for a hearty meal and a well earned pint or so. Now does that sound better. Oh and by the way. At that point you probably heard about 1000 pinks and didn't see a one. Go on then send em to inland shoots where they drop on your head. LOL

why would you put yourself through all that .when you can sit in a hide with the kettle boiling .little frying pan going for the egg x bacon sandwiches .never lost a wellie yet so cant comment .but we can have as meny shots as we want most of the time and they are not tame or semi tame .these are the geese that are trying to get to you after a rest .lol

• Like 1