• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here here Never had a cold in her life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW9fb6ZXS9w

Posted Images

They only reason I've asked is because I've said to my pal I really like the look of some of the whippets on here and he said not to bother cause of there coat. But as I've seen on here there pretty impressive my beddy whippet is short coated I might have to get him a jacket.

It don't bother me what they look like in it at all

Edited by stevo79

Some say their fine but mine didn't like the cold rain which is unfortunate because that's our normal weather.

spot on, ive been out with dogs with good coats on very wet/cold nights, and they aint that keen either , ok they get stuck in and do the job no prob, but they had thick coats and prob 2-3 times heavier (body-fat) than your norm size whippet . I had a none ped whippet bitch racer from the local track not far from where I used to live W-ton , she was 20 in 20lb great little rabbit dog . there were some males at the track 32 lb tough dogs that were used on fox 2 brothers very game dogs, you could see bit of staff in them, ive always liked the racing whippet . but you carnt get away from the fact they do feel the cold/ wet even if your walking most of the night with the lamp, or standing about ferreting , ive seen dog with good coats on cold days start to feel it hanging about that day. I would deff put a coat on them working , and a heat lamp in there kennel, my 2 big buggers have got heat lamps, so whippet deff need them , there great little dogs and (do) need bit more care/thought , to get the best out of them . :yes:

I've been caught out in a blizzard a few times with mine and the only time I've seen him shiver is if I've had to stop for a few mins. Ferreting in the cold and rain...no problem. Lamping in the cold and rain...no problem. As long as he's getting a few runs he doesn't seem to give a s%#t. When running hard the steam comes off him. Don't be put off...game wee rabbiting dogs ;-)

Edited by IshotRogerRabbit
  • Like 1

I don't think theres much hunting to be had in a blizzard , it stands to reason in some parts of the country they might not be ideal and better coated dogs stand above, but not every county in the country is as harsh as others so to generalise is a touch unfair , down south you can count the minus temps on 2 hands in the winter along with the snow days ,that don't mean to say we don't get out in the colder days CIMG0971.jpgCIMG1969.jpgsnow008.jpgsnowit2119.jpgsnowit023.jpg29b9123f-a46c-4f0d-915b-0ed41c5af896_zpssnowit005-1.jpg

• Like 2

Frost......snow......cold.......never bothered mine, but..

Wet...damp...driving rain...( and if not much happening when ferreting ) that's the only thing that really phased mine.

My little Sandy lurcher I've got now is the worst dog I have ever owned with regards weather.

Edited by wuyang
  • Like 1