Advice Needed On Feeding

Depends how old dog if it's a pup if it's working or not as you don't want it on high protein diet and it's laying in it kennel all day bursting we energy and climbing walls because iof if and not burning it off I tend to feed two small meals a day to adult dog rather than one big meal or mite feed early or late depending when dog away to work I am feeding my pup 3 times a day on chicken with oxo heart mix through we rice also feed tripe and chicken mix with rice also blend veg through pup grub we a drop of cod liver oil guessing guys on here have different choices for feed but it's always worked well for me

Edited by Hunting loon
  • Like 1

Some dogs will look good on anythin there given n others you've sometimes got to try different types of food for each individual dog trial n error, I feed twice a day n 2 of my dogs are on raw meat veg n carbs with some bone Iv fed raw and got on with it for years but Iv got another dog that Iv realised does better on slightly cooked meat with cooked veg n carbs with a handful of biscuits chucked in, I know one lad who feeds a 60 quid bag of complete n another who feeds aldis moist n meaty complete n can't see any difference in either dogs both look well so I suppose it's what ever suits each person and there dogs at the end of the day so what's good for one may not be for the next...

Mine has dry food from the local farmers co op 8 quid a bag and for working dogs apparently. Few tins of fish a week. Bit of cooked rabbit and rabbit stock over it and a little bit of chopped cabbage. Seems to do ok on it.

Has 3/4 of his meal in the morning and the rest early afternoon so his ready for what ever in the evening/night

20575528664_462342d929_z.jpg

Edited by terryd
  • Like 2