2Nd Time In New High Seat

Decided last night that this morning is try for a muntjac or a fallow pricket from my new high seat alarm was set for 5.oclock got up and dressed had a quick cuppa coffee and set off for the high seat was about 5.35 by the time I was sitting in the seat wasn't there 2 mins and could see a munty buck grazing as he crossed from the right hand side of the meadow to left along the ditch that devises the chicken farm with my permission but he was on a mission whistled him twice but wasn't gonna stop and he made off in the shadows. Was thinking I'd missed what possibly could of been my only opportunity as it can be hit or miss here but within another 15 mins another munty buck making his way in exactly same direction as the last but stopped to have a nibble on the bushes giving me a chance to get a shot in was about 120 yards the shot was slightly lower than I'd of liked but still did the job. Defo need to get a moderator sorted out as reckon I could of possibly bagged another

07EC4F24_zpsqxgw1z0h.jpg

• Like 1

Butchered him about 10 this morning and stripped and boiled the head already still gotta a bit more cleaning. Always struggle getting all the brain and tissue out and the nasal cavity. Will post pic once it's done it's no medal head but I like to practise so when I finally get a decent one I don't muck it up

• Like 1

Nice buck mate - nice rifle too. I've got a feeling the gunsmith may have to remove the end sight to get it on the lathe mate but may be mistaken.

Practice makes perfect on the trophy prep, a pressure washer makes a world of difference for getting the muck out the head... Just watch out for the blow back spray!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah forgot to mention opposite my work there's a brewery and on my lunch noticed a chap was outside cleaning ally barrels with pressure washer spoke to him to see if he would mind giving my munty skull a quick spray up n he was happy to help his pressure washer go's to a really high temperature as well so know where to go next time :)

Yeah will do waiting my mrs's hairdresser to sort me out some 40% stuff should be a lot better than the stuff I used 1st time round think it was only 7%

You can get the proper peroxide from the chemists mate ..ps .wear some proper protective gloves

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah will do waiting my mrs's hairdresser to sort me out some 40% stuff should be a lot better than the stuff I used 1st time round think it was only 7%

You can get the proper peroxide from the chemists mate ..ps .wear some proper protective gloves

Any chemists in particular mate? The strongest stuff I could get is piss weak 3%! I don't fancy trying to strengthen it and blowing the kitchen up, LOL.

Any chemists in particular mate? The strongest stuff I could get is piss weak 3%! I don't fancy trying to strengthen it and blowing the kitchen up, LOL.

Born , most will get it to order , if you have a problem pm and I'll get you some .its 35% ..
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...