Romeo X Fly Pups

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bud now 8 and half months old. 25tts

Nearly two weeks old now and all seven (4bitches & 3dogs) pups are doing great. most have doubled there size in 12 days. just starting to open their eyes. Its been a stressful first week with fly

A nice pic of mother and son.

Posted Images

Great photos mate. If shes anything like her dams dam she will be perfect for the racing. I will try mine this summer at the shows.

They have turned out to be a good litter thats for sure. I have just rehomed nipper so hes gone to some lads from kent that go coursing in france.

I must admit there has been a massive (positive) change in her demeanour since starting working over the ferrets this winter and hopefully using the race club every few weeks through the summer when I get opportunity around other commitments should help maintain / improve her fitness and keep her match fit!

Great photos mate. If shes anything like her dams dam she will be perfect for the racing. I will try mine this summer at the shows.

They have turned out to be a good litter thats for sure. I have just rehomed nipper so hes gone to some lads from kent that go coursing in france.

Sometimes you're better off PTS pal........

I cant do it mate. Not even to a 10 year old pot licker. I reckon hes in good hands now. Dogs got all the capabilities of making someone a nice dog and the lad that has him keeps me updated with how hes doing.

Another from this weekend. Currently running 9.3 seconds over 100 metres but she still has a lot in the tank so times should drop quite a bit over the next couple of months.

Edited by Jax13

Another from this weekend. Currently running 9.3 seconds over 100 metres but she still has a lot in the tank so times should drop quite a bit over the next couple of months.

You sure the stopwatch is working correctly?! 9.3 seconds over 100 metres is slow as f**k. Nice bitch though.

Or is she not really trying that much? Some dogs don't chase a lure as keenly as they do live quarry

Edited by shaaark

You sure the stopwatch is working correctly?! 9.3 seconds over 100 metres is slow as f**k. Nice bitch though.

Or is she not really trying that much? Some dogs don't chase a lure as keenly as they do live quarry

This week was the first week I've not had a chunk of rabbit hanging off the back of the lure for a bit of added motivation as she isn't all that fussed on the lure yet.

To be honest, she's not even trying at that. Within 30 seconds of finishing she is wandering about as if she hasn't even run. With any luck she will get a bit more motivation when she is running against other dogs.

Whichever way it works, she has a lot left to give

This week was the first week I've not had a chunk of rabbit hanging off the back of the lure for a bit of added motivation as she isn't all that fussed on the lure yet.

To be honest, she's not even trying at that. Within 30 seconds of finishing she is wandering about as if she hasn't even run. With any luck she will get a bit more motivation when she is running against other dogs.

Whichever way it works, she has a lot left to give

Cam,its 150 yds lol

Lol at jax. Now thats more impressive. I was sent a video of nipper running a hare against a coursing dogx greyhound. Nipper was flying mate and led the straight by a couple yards. Another fella with other brother has said its the fastest dog hes seen.

Brilliant vid mate. Shes a stunning bitch. Keep posting them up. The original would have been nice to compare against. If she ran an average of 32mph. At her top speed she must be close to 35mph maybe?

that one was taken by my mate - i'll ask him if he's got the full speed original.

its funny as hell at the moment because the grass on the fields at home are up a bit so when she is playing you can see her getting really annoyed that shes not going fast enough because of the extra resistance!

I reckon shes easily got another couple of mph to add to her average in her to be honest, she is getting a bit quicker and a bit fitter each week and shes only run out of traps twice too so if she decides to get a bit more motivation & she learns to jump out quicker it will all help. i'd like to see her get down to 8.5 which averages to a shave over 36mph average but to be honest its just good to give her a couple of decent stretches at the weekend with bunny numbers being low on all my perms at the moment.

ive got a gopro harness for her as well so I might chuck that on her next time i'm down and see if it manages to get workable footage rather than something that will trigger epilepsy!