Guild Of Net Makers

Leeview

One of the best moments of the whole weekend for me was a beautiful young girl came in and wanted to know how to make nets. She was left handed and had nails like Bella Lugosi in a vampire film. But fair play to here she got it, within 10 minutes she was knitting away like a good un.

TC

True tiercel, in your earlier post the keeper who's dad was the miner from Doncaster, tell the members how he made his twine for the long nets ;) we dont know how lucky we are :laugh:

Y.I.S Leeview :laugh:

His father would line up six cotton reels on a rod and twist them on the needle, as they could not afford to buy proper twine for the nets. The problem was, as he was a miner he had very rough hands, and as the nets were so fine they would stick to his fingers.

Your right there we are spoilt for choice these days.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well where to start, we left home Friday late morning and arrived at Weston Park mid afternoon to find tiercel already settled in with the kettle on, introductions were made as we had never met in the

What can I add? I have just had the most pleasurable weekend I have had for some years, spoke about nothing else but long netting and long nets to people who actually wanted to talk about them. I also

Glad everything worked out well for you guys, cant wait for the footage ..as for the guys who came in and showed you the pic..well they gotta be Yorkshire men..you know the saying " Tha can allus tell

Lee view thanks for the plug but just one correction, I am the co owner of Landmark Rabbit Control Ltd with Socks.

Best wishes and many thanks for tiercel mending my old hole infested longnet!!!

James

:laugh: All you have to do now is show socks the video and you will no longer have nets with holes in. :thumbs:

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I can rember somebody phoning brinden about a preset and he says you will be needing a basket that's a extra ££££s and the guy replied no ive already got one . He cracked up on the phone shouting that's my system im fed up of folk ripping me off LOL

• Like 3

Were you selling long nets as a father son combo? As I'm after a few more nets but have lost the card. The father was doing demonstrations in the ring. Thanks

I reckon like myself tiercel is thinking "which one did you think was the father" :tongue2:

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 1