Pocket Rocket Bull Whippet Pups

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought id share my little bitch. this is sika my little bull x . 22 " to the shoulder and 40lb running weight.

bullgray x wipgray

Recent pics of the pocket rockets      

Posted Images

the drive and instincts are definitely there. I know they may lack in size to be as effective at certain jobs as say a bull x grey, but there are plenty of smaller dogs make the grade on all quarry, all be it perhaps not with the regularity and consistency of the bigger crosses.

The signs are good so far so here's hoping they will make the grade and turn out ok. Hopefully next winter I'll have another tidy little vermin basher on my hands, but whatever happens mine has a home for life as I'm smitten with the little shit.

Edited by Gareth12
  • Like 1

Some pics of the pups off my bitch keeping intouch see what they make in the field all good so far everyone is happy they seem to all be retrieving naturally an all very confident an forward we will see what they make I think it's as much to do with the owner as the pup to what you get in the end

post-90629-0-18312100-1441430369_thumb.jpg

post-90629-0-72975400-1441430434_thumb.jpg

post-90629-0-76422100-1441430461_thumb.jpg

post-90629-0-82712300-1441431066_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The bitch I've kept back for the future this bitch stud out from the rest as she is nearly thorn on one side an full brindle on the other an was very forward an wants to be with you an tries her best to please even at such a young age we'll see what type of worker she makes

post-90629-0-26345400-1441431328_thumb.jpg

post-90629-0-28947400-1441431375_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A great cross but better with a whippet/grey rather than just whippet.

yeh I can see what you mean, give bit more leg and power , still might go 24 in that nice size
still could through to wippet size ray mine as you no are beddy whippet GH x bull GH the dog is close to 25" the bitch a little over 22" but would rather this type to bull whippet in all honesty

can a bull whippet do anything a good quality pure whippet cant . im not knocking them but whippets ive had could take fox no problem and they had the speed you would lose from crossing with a bull

I've got one and I have seen him do plenty that a most whippets would struggle to do on a regular basis. But I've also seen him fail at stuff that most whippets would do in their sleep. Dogs for jobs and all that :thumbs:

• Like 3

Good question bedo, and your right in that there whippets out there which could probably do the job as well or possibly better than a cross. But isn't that the same for most lurchers? Imo adding a bit of bull or other breed increass the chances that a higher proportion will turn out better so improves the consistency. In the case of a bull x whippet the bull will add some extra power/toughness that in theory would increase the chances of the progeny succeeding at whatever job the breeder has in mind?

For me whippets are a little too lightweight and more likely to pick up knocks and injuries than a terrier x whippet. On the flip side you would lose a little speed but I can handle that.

• Like 2

yeah i can see were your coming from maybe ive been lucky in the whippets ive owned my old dog took his fare share of foxes single handed and never took a lot a of damage . ive never had much trouble with ripped skin and the mike brown bitch i have now flies through cover like a spaniel . saying that i do like the look of the bull x

Don't get me wrong I've seen some cracking whippets, and I will probably get myself one day. But at this time a small lurcher just suits me more. On a different note, does anyone have any information on the bull that was used by jp to produce these 'pocket Rockets'?

• Like 1

A great cross but better with a whippet/grey rather than just whippet.

yeh I can see what you mean, give bit more leg and power , still might go 24 in that nice size

My bull whip grey bitch is 25.5" and her bro was 27"!!! Lurchers ey

• Like 1