Just a quick question my [BANNED TEXT] has a 15 week old pup and I am on about takin my bitch out tonight for a few bunnies, he wants to take the pup just to watch but in my opinion and only mine I don't think the pup will gain anything from being there as it's still only just walkin on the lead and think it will just hold us up wat do u think ??

Pup will probably end up being a pain in the arse and depending how long you plan on going out for ? The pup will definately gain something...... an aching body. Bit to young yet.

If you where just going out for a quick run on a lap of a local field, then home, then no harm in that.

I'm all for starting them young but don't think it will gain a lot at 15 weeks. Probably piss you lads off and end up receiving a load of negative energy, if not a clip round the ear hole.

I do take mine out for a walk in the dark at that age on their own, just so it's not a massive thing to them when lamping starts.

A well respected fella off here who I know takes his pups lamping soon as they are jabbed up. Just part of the learning curve for them as far as he's concerned. So each to their own.

had my dog Buck out at 9 weeks old , when lamping with Bryn , and it worked out great to be honest . Buck learned all his field craft , with , gates,fences,ditches, , stock etc , it really brought him on nice and steady with the night work that he encounter later on . :yes: pups just go at here own pace, and watch whats going on , from it he is = Brill jumping, very good retriever , and steady round stock, I would deff do the same again with my next pup :thumbs::yes:

• Like 2

A pup can gain so much from a few light nights out with a patient owner and steady older dog to show them the ropes but 15 weeks is a bit young for anything but the shortest of lamping trips, IMO.

yeh true :thumbs: , Bryn very steady dog and so his trigger2 dog Buster , Buck just watched them and took it all in like a sponge , in fact at 6 months old Buck was catching , and it was no big deal for him, because of him going out as small pup . it s when you hold them back well over 8-10 months and they start chasing , they can get hurt or struggle with rabbits , because there not used to seeing them been run from that age or later . as long as the older dog steady and good with the pup , it works out great taking them out when very young :yes:

Also if your using a car it will get it used to travelling with another dog.Even getting it in the boot it will be learning basics. I used to have to drive away at times just to get him in. Now it's second nature.

Would definately plan a short one though.