Skin Condition

Evening,, I have a pup 15 weeks old, when the mother gave birth the pup was dragged around the floor cause the mother struggled to part with him until the owner went bk and helped her part with him. As a result the pup has a scare on the top of his head and the fur is not growing bk. Is there any cream oil or method I can use to help his fur grow bk,, thanks

If the skin was actually torn (a wound) then it is unlikely that it will grow again, but never say never. I had a lurcher whose dam tried to kill him at a few days old (she was fine with the rest of the litter :blink: ) and he had bald skin along one side and his shoulder. The fur never grew, but it was much less noticeable when he was full grown. The scar stayed small and he grew big. Not much consolation I know, and without seeing how bad your pup's bald bit is, hard to say. If the hair follicles have been destroyed then the fur will never grow back, and it would have done so by now if it was going to IMO.

• Like 1

We've got a British bull dog bitch. At about 8 months old she had a boil/ blister on her left rib cage that bust and scabbed over after removing the scab along with a clump of hair she had a bald patch the size of a 10p piece. We put Vaseline on it about 8/10 times a day to soften the skin and any remaing hair follicles had a fighting chance of pushing through the soft skin. The bald patch totally disappeard in 3 months. We just kept the vas on the coffee table and every time we saw it grabbed a finger full and put it on the bitch.