Lamping Scope For 223

The new Leupold firecross takes some beating 3-9 x50 , I have 2 one on a 7mm stalking outfit & other on a 223 a bolt foxer & clarity is superb under half moon, half light....no lamp needed .

I have one surplus , new boxed with flips for £350 :) If interested message me.

RRP £390 scope / £155 flips

Hi guys I'm looking for a scorp to put on my 223 for lamping but don't want to break the bank £350 tops. Been looking at the nikon prostaff 3x9x50 bdc and the mtc viper 6x24x56 what's your opinions cheers lads

The Nikons are quite good but i would also look for a s/h meopta for that money. One thing i would do is stay well clear of any mtc, i had one once for a week, without doubt the worst scope i have ever had the misfortune to own.

Hi guys I'm looking for a scorp to put on my 223 for lamping but don't want to break the bank £350 tops. Been looking at the nikon prostaff 3x9x50 bdc and the mtc viper 6x24x56 what's your opinions cheers lads

hi mate,

got a nikon prostaff 3-9 x 50 bdc for sale at the moment, used it on my .223 but sold the rifle ! Can have it for £140 + post

PM me if interested.

Cheers.

LD

The majority tend to shoot shorter distances when lamping than in daylight.

Frankly, you don't need all that much of a scope if you have a decent lamp.

Those you mention are fine, but I'm a little surprised at the difference in mag you are thinking about, 3-9 is a world different to 6-24, what sort of distances do you anticipate shooting?

There is a wide choice of more than capable scopes for lamping if you have £350 to spend.

I would have thought the meopta meopro 4x12x50 would be fair enough.

Edited by Deker

I've got the MTc viper 4-16x50. Quality scope for the money..use it on the 223 and swap it with the drone.. Used it dialling in consistently on bunnies out to 500 m .. Not far behind my German glass

I'll be honest MTC scopes are cheap and ok with night vision but at low light and when lamping there rubbish compared to German glass not in the same league.